PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Pip reduced

SystemSystem Posts: 519

Scope community team

edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
This discussion was created from comments split from: PIP, working, housing benefits and council tax.

Replies

• newtwifenewtwife Member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi my husband gets pip.. he was told by wtp.. that its a benefit. But I was lead to believe its not... hes had it reduced this time, even though hes quite ill... heat failure due to chemotherapy and radiation therapy.. only has one lung working cos of tumor.. he was getting high rate now £300.. allso they stopped all my pension credit because of him geting private pension but its a lot less than my pension.. I am at my wits end as lost my son last year.. allso mum in law and brother in law to cancer in space of 3 years.. feel bullied by them I am really scared of wots happened.. am desperate.. help
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @newtwife, and welcome! So sorry to hear about your circumstances, it sounds like you've had a lot to cope with over the last few years. Are you appealing the PIP reduction and if so, what stage are you at?
    I did appeal last yr and got more for my husband... but this year too much going on.. they want my husband to pay a £400 ,35 year old over payment back.. in fact they say he has too out of his pip.. £300 hes geting now.. and have told him pip is a benefit.. I was told its not..  they stop my pension credit.. so all I get is£17 a week now.. am at my wits end.. 
  • Sam_AlumniSam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,731 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @newtwife
    I have moved your post over to the benefits advisors. It may be good for you to chat with the Scope helpline too on 0808 800 3333
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,289 Disability Gamechanger
    [email protected], sorry for you and your husband it look like because you put some money aside for a pension ect you are now penalised for saving. Dose annoy me that those like us prepare for later life losing out to those who can't be bothered. Hope you get the help from the adviser, 
    Hi we didn't.. husband get his pension which is a lot less than wen I clair for us both.. I only get £17 a week state pension. As I was a stay at home mum working a few hrs a week.. in those days you paid married woman stamp.. they just stopped every thing.. am so worried as cupboards are empty.. I only buy food now as we need it... 
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,289 Disability Gamechanger
    I could find myself and others when we retire and claim our pensions and if we have any private pensions all the benefits ect will stop and will have to reapply when our funds are depleted. Thinking of you and prayers to you, 
Sign in or join us to comment.