PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Home assessment

lillybellelillybelle Member Posts: 458 Pioneering
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
after today’s Home assessment I find it weird that I was asked what qualifications I had and what type of school I went to.
anybody else had this question?
im epileptic which is poorly controlled

Replies

• Lasian_ScopeLasian_Scope Member Posts: 660 Pioneering
    Hi @lillybelle, are you happy with how it went?

Another user asked a similar question in a recent discussion: https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/40243/pip-assessment-asked-about-school-and-exams

I hope this helps!
  • lillybellelillybelle Member Posts: 458 Pioneering
    Hi,
    didnt go too bad thanks. She was a nice person. Listened to what I said. 
    I answered all questions in a sentence not just a yes or a no answer
     I don’t think I could of done any better. Just told the truth about my day to day life and what I couldn’t do.
    she wanted to know what qualifications I had and whether I attended a Main Stream school.( which I thought was weird ) Didn’t ask about what subjects I had the qualifications in though.
      I was asked who filled the form in.- A local disability centre filled the form in for me and the person who filled it in also does the tribunerals and attends court. So he knew what to write.( always helps when you get professional help if possible)
    anyhow hope things turn out in my favour. Fingers crossed.
    otherwise I shall be taking the next step.
     But I don’t think it’s right to start assuming that the outcome is going to be bad until the proof is revealed .
    I believe that my daily life and mobility issues  are affected by my disability and that I have a right to be able to qualify for pip just the same as my DLA and ESA .
    so the wait has started and I shall be requesting a copy of the report on Monday.
      Will keep you updated
Sign in or join us to comment.