Finances and extra costs
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Struggling with ESA

SystemSystem Posts: 519

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: PIP walking ability not time nor distance really....

Replies

• gillian29gillian29 Member Posts: 36 Courageous
    I've got severe Rheumatoid arthritis,and can't use my right hand I've had a knee replacement that went wrong and can't hardly bend my knee.,I'm only 54, and I have a son who's 18 and in his last year of college.I get easa and I'm in the support group and I got the enhanced disability when my son turned 18 in January they suddenly knocked £60 of my money,my son is at college full time,and can't find a job to fit in with his hours,so I pay for his travelling and meals etc,but with loosing this £60 I'm struggling like mad,is there any thing else I can claim
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @gillian29, and welcome to the community!

I'm so sorry to hear that you're struggling. I'd recommend having a look at the online benefits calculator: you input your details, and it tells you what else you may be entitled to. Have a go, and do come back to us with any questions!
Sign in or join us to comment.