PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Still waiting on a decision

SystemSystem Posts: 489 Scope community team
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
This discussion was created from comments split from: DLA to PIP.

Replies

• Annmarie12Annmarie12 Member Posts: 15 Listener
    Hi I've been on low rate dla for mobility  and for mental health my problems have got worse I went to money matters in June and the guy filled all my information n out and told me to wait on letters I'm still waiting I called them and got told the guy left and didn't do anyone's forms n stuff I'm scared to call dla to tell them my conditions are worse because of all the problems people have .
  • ScopeHelplineScopeHelpline Member Posts: 210 Courageous
    Hi Annmarie

I'm so sorry to hear that you're worried about this, and I can appreciate why you would be.

I'd suggest that you phone the PIP department  on 0800 121 4433 to find out what stage your claim has reached. As long as they have sent it to the assessment company, there shouldn't be a long term problem with the administration. (Obviously the process and the decisions can be a different matter). It is likely to set your mind at rest a bit if the PIP people say that they have got the form and are dealing with it.  

(Did you get a text to confirm that they have the form?)

If the DWP confirm that the form has been sent on - usually on the same day that they receive it - they you could also phone the assessment company to check they have it. You could ask what appointments they are currently making, to give you an idea of how long will be before an assessment is offered to you.  (So if they say they're making appointments for their November referrals and your claim reached them in December, then it might be a month before you hear from them).

Do let us know if there is a problem once you've phoned the two agencies involved. 

Best wishes

Gill
    (Scope Helpline)

• Annmarie12Annmarie12 Member Posts: 15 Listener
    Ty no the adviser didn't do the work he was suppose to didn't contact dla  or pip and left without giving my information to the other staff ..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Pioneering
    Hi Annmarie12

It is really hard to  assert your point of view, but the original organisation shouldn't really just deny that help was offered before, when it was offered before. Perhaps you could ask to speak to a manager there about this.

If you don't want to go back to money matters to try to insist that they help you to follow up on your claim, maybe you could try another local organisation that might be better able to help? Another idea would be to try to get an advocate to help you.

Try Advicelocal for names of possible local agencies to help in this way. .

www.advicelocal.uk

Best wishes

Gill_Scope

Sign in or join us to comment.