PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Report letter

lillybellelillybelle Member Posts: 469 Pioneering
Afternoon all, 
Hope you are all nice and cosy.
I have a question hopefully someone can answer.
im still awaiting my report. Will be 2weeks tomorrow since my assessment .
If and when it comes and I don’t agree with it can I contact somebody to say why. Or should I await decision letter?

Replies

• CarolecatwomanCarolecatwoman Member Posts: 8 Connected
    They can take around 3-4 weeks. If you don't agree then I would start making notes on everything you don't agree with and why it's wrong, ready to appeal.
    There will be instructions on either the report or decision letter on how to appeal.
  • wildlifewildlife Member Posts: 1,314 Pioneering
    @lillybelle The next step is to request a Mandatory Reconsideration. You do need to wait for your decision letter to do this but there's nothing stopping you preparing an MR letter just from your assessment report as it's very likely your decision will be the same as on the report. However if the report is totally wrong and contains inaccurate or even things changed intentionally by your assessor you can make a complaint to your assessment provider without waiting for the decision letter. Your claim and any complaint you need to make are separate things. The only connection would be to let DWP know in your MR letter that you are not happy and have made a complaint to ATOS/Capita whoever did your assessment. It will help your MR to do this. I hope that all is well and you get the right decision but what I have described is what to do in the worst case senario.  
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
    @lillybelle
    Request your report, this will indecte what your award may or should be, but you have to wait for the award letter for comfirmation. If on reading your report and find incorrect reporting then you have time to prepare for a MR way before receiving your award letter.
Sign in or join us to comment.