Ask an employment adviser
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

I would like to retrain, is there funding available?

SystemSystem Posts: 489 Scope community team
This discussion was created from comments split from: Hi, we are the Employment Advisors, ask us a question.


  • mmp4mmp4 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi, I am a teacher, but have migraines and have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I have been advised to leave teaching as it is too stressful. I would like to retrain and could do a 1yr conversion course in psychology (a masters) to enable me to continue in employment. But because I already have a masters I can't get funding for this course which would allow me to stay in work. I would be eligible for a professional development loan but would have to start repaying it 1 month after the course finished, and due to my health I am not able to put myself in to such a risky financial position. Is there any funding or help I could get?
    Thank you.
  • Zaid_ScopeZaid_Scope Member Posts: 66 Courageous
    Hi @mmp4
    Sourcing funding for education & self-development is never easy. A good place to start searching for bursaries, grants and loans is: 

    I would try using the search filters that Turn2Us has on their website and see if you can come up with a source of funding for your conversion course. I hope this helps.

    Scope Employment Advisor
    Phone: 0300 222 5742
    Email: [email protected]

  • mmp4mmp4 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks I will try them
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,756 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
Sign in or join us to comment.