Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Inaccessible swimming pool - how can I take this further?
Hi there, I’m 34 and have cerebral palsy. I really love swimming but I can’t access the facilities at my favourite lessiure complex in the Lake District. It has no lift and has a steep spiral staircase which I can’t access unless I have support, and there is no alternative way into getting in the pool. I have raised this issue with the management every single year I’ve been coming and yet, still no improvements have been made so I can access the swimming pool. I have been coming here for nearly 30 years now and as a result I have to give up doing what I really love and that’s not fair, any suggestions on how I can take this further please? Has anybody else experienced similar thing to me? Would love to hear from you if you have.
- 53.9K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 153 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 791 Work and employment
- 588 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 290 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 265 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.6K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 686 Chronic pain and pain management
- 704 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.