PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

lillybellelillybelle Member Posts: 458 Pioneering
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
Eventually I have just had a good in depth read of my report. Still awaiting decision
apparently it is showing  6points for care & 12 mobility.
not once has the assessor mentioned my memory loss, stateing that I could communicate with no problem on most days as I communicate with my family 
obviously my family are aware of my memory and how I forget what I’ve said or was said to me.
the assessor has totally disregarded my memory problems including why my husband does all the banking.
has anybody else had this problem ?

Replies

• whistleswhistles Member Posts: 1,590 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2018
    Yes.

You need to provide evidence of it as you did with everything else.
    Good luck because they did a memory test for me and I only remembered one thing and struggled with the counting.
    I can manage all my bills.  (Which is why a very helpful member worked out my pip for me because I couldn't understand the award letter. ) :( 

If you are doing MR maybe ring scope or find out from people how you prove your memory issues. 
    They accepted my warden supported accommodation where most things are taken care of on my behalf- but that's not proof. Goodness knows what is.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • lillybellelillybelle Member Posts: 458 Pioneering
    They have completely disregarded the fact that I suffer with memory loss.
    prob because I knew what school I went to.
    it is a well known fact that epilepsy drugs make you tired and cause memory loss.
    Also it’s a MEDICAL fact that the persons memory is affected after seizures.
     How on earth do you manage to prove it anymore?
    its stupid decisions that they make like this that I would imagine gets overturned by a judge
  • BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,692 Pioneering
    Hello lillybelle

It can be frustrating that what seems obvious to us is not always obvious to PIP or a medical assessor.  

One thing however to bear in mind is that an assessor may have assumed that for the majority of the week you are not suffering from the effects of  a seizure. As such, even if they agreed that you may have memory loss after a seizure as it is not for the majority of  a week then the descriptor cannot be awarded. 

You mentioned that you were awarded 12 points for mobility, what descriptor(s) were awarded? Also for the 6 points daily living, what descriptor(s) were awarded? 

When a challenge is lodged against a PIP decision, the DWP or tribunal can review the whole of the award, that is also query your mobility award. They then have the power (although rarely used) to reduce or take this award away.  

Maria
    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
    That's why I am not rocking an already unstable boat. 
    I don't want to risk losing my mobility enhanced for the sake of two years. 

@lillybelle have you rang Epilepsy society. They might have some idea how you can get this point over, even though you are not having a seizure, your memory comes and goes. 
    I have a medic alert bracelet for my condition and everything is written down and understood. The only people who don't get it currently is pip- but it's safety issues I think. Needing reminding the assessor said i didn't need any..

Haven’t actually had final decision yet. This is just on the repot
    12 points for mobility as it is unsafe for me to go out alone because of uncontrolled epilepsy.
    4 points for needing supervision to make simple meal ( I don’t cook at all)
    and 2 because daughter washes me in the shower below my waist because of back injury.
    the fact that was daughter helps me get in & out of bath/ shower which is 3 points was not given.
    also the fact that I have hand rails as when I first get into shower/ bath I allways suffer from a small seizure because of the change in temperature and water on my skin. No points for needing aids.
    that is all I have been given in the report . 
    You should hear back soon.
    It's almost as if they decide you don't need the rails. My dosette and supervision was ignored because I deemed fine to do it myself.
    I will take advice from our local disability solutions centre. However I think I will be putting in a MR as I feel as though I should be awarded the extra 2 points.
    i want to put my point of view in writing and how it affects me.
    4 years ago I did this when I was put into the work group for ESA. The award was overturned straight away without an MR. I received a letter that they had changed the decision wholly in my favour because of the epilepsy and my back injury didn’t need to be considered.
    i feel if I don’t try then I will never know. If the whole thing is taken away I will go to court
    I hope you hear soon.
Sign in or join us to comment.