Employment and careers
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Job rejections and chronic pain

SystemSystem Posts: 521

Scope community team

edited March 2018 in Employment and careers
This discussion was created from comments split from: moving abroad.

Replies

• sarahslade907sarahslade907 Member Posts: 3 Listener
    How do you get a job if your last employers gave bad references and all i get is rejections .im in chronic pain so cant stand for long periods 
  • pia_scopepia_scope Scope Support to Work service Posts: 41 Courageous
    [email protected]

Thanks for your query & welcome to our online community.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel rejected by employers.
    The good thing is that it is still possible to get a job, even with a bad reference, but as I don't know why it is a bad reference and what type of job role that you are applying for, I cannot speculate to what extent it effects your job applications.

Is the reference the reason for rejection, or are you rejected at application stage?

Is the type of work that you are applying for heavily affected by the reference?

How long did you work for this employer?

I cannot give you a straight answer to your question based on the information that you provided here, but if you need further support with finding employment you are more than welcome to contact us at Support to work. 

We can offer you support with  a variety of employability skills and advice you further on how to tackle your issue.

You can call us on 0300 222 57 42
    or apply online here;
    https://www.scope.org.uk/support/services/employment/support-work

I wish you all the best.

Kind Regards
    Pia

Pia
    Scope Employment Advisor
    Phone: 0300 222 5742
    Email: [email protected]
    www.scope.org.uk/supporttowork

Sign in or join us to comment.