Mandatory Reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Mandatory Reconsideration

lillybelle
lillybelle Member Posts: 571 Pioneering
morning all,
i have asked this question before on this site but go no replies:-
Has anybody got their pip award changed through an MR either up or down?
i know it’s only about 20% but I’m curious

Comments

• Thomaslambe
    Thomaslambe Member Posts: 7 Listener
    I'm waiting on my decision. I sent it off last week. I'll let you know the outcome. Don't k ow how long it all takes.
  • susan48
    susan48 Member Posts: 2,222 Disability Gamechanger
    It’s a bit hazy for me, I called PIP and advised to do the MR on the phone, a struggle as I have speech issues.She also said I didn’t need to send additional information.
    MR declined so had to appeal.

Is there a form or template you can you from MR? 
    Won tribunal but ends nov 2019, which means possibly the would thing again in nov!, 
    dont think I can cope with 2 in a year
  • Lorry
    Lorry Member Posts: 23 Connected
    My mandatory review came back the same (waited about three weeks). I am now going to tribunal and have been waiting for a date since October 2017 
  • susan48
    susan48 Member Posts: 2,222 Disability Gamechanger
    Lorry,
    its so stressful and really there’s no need for it.
    who would intentionally apply, go though this nightmare just for the hell of it!,, 
    I was lucky, if you can call it that, only waited 3 months from review to tribunal.
    its a hard road but try and stay strong 
  • whistles
    whistles Member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    I wonder if the MR is just their delaying tactic.
    Just say no they go away for a year.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • lillybelle
    That is exactly what they want to happen. 
    They frighten people with the comments that you could loose points as well as gain them.
    the result is that people leave well  alone and except either a low award or none at all.
    that is why so many tribunerals are over turning the decisions.
    amazing how many are just 1 or 2 points off an award
  • whistles
    whistles Member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2018
    My review is two years and I got 6 for care and I made it that. At best maybe a 7, still under.

Its very cleverly written. 
    Someone ordering your meds, collecting them and sorting wasnt assistance. They mean to actually take the medicine. Even though I have a dosette, they said I didn't need one. 
    Doing it myself I got into a complete mess, run out and had to have emergency supplies. 
    In fact now the chemist will order and deliver. Sorry going OT now just wondered if anyone does this?

So are you awaiting your MR results? 
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • lillybelle
    Yes, still waiting. Had report nearly 2 weeks ago. So expecting it any day
  • Springtime18
    Springtime18 Member Posts: 21 Connected
    Hi I put in for MR 5 weeks ago, I got enhanced living and need 2 points for mobility. Mine was a change from dla to PIP. I lost my motorbility car and cannot work now. Il let you know how I get on. 
  • Springtime18
    Springtime18 Member Posts: 21 Connected
    I just read my post I meant I need 2 points for enhanced

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.