PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

How long for PIP decision?

SystemSystem Posts: 519

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: Pip points system.

Replies

• SandygpSandygp Member Posts: 6 Listener
    I had my face to face 8 weeks ago, I’ve already received the report saying 17 points for living and 12 for mobility, how much longer do you think I will have to wait for results. Thank you Sandy
  • mackems1973mackems1973 Member Posts: 7 Listener
    I had my face to face on 27.12.2017 and waited about 6 weeks.if youve got the points needed don't worry you will hear shortly.I think it also depends on area and how many people they have to deal with each day/week etc.hope it all goes well for you.
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,284 Disability Gamechanger
    @Sandygp, look good all the points, you should get your comfirmation award letter very soon, it must of been a big worry removed when you read your report it still stressful waiting for the award letter mine took nearly 12 weeks allowing for Christmas.
    Thank you,  I’m still worrying now 
  • RitzyRitzy Member Posts: 36 Courageous
    Sounds like you've been through the hearing procedure of PIP..... am I correct.  I'm dreading mine, can't sleep at night, it's affected everything, to the point where I keep crying for now reason, it's stressed me out that much. What does the hearing entail.   HELP!!!
    This is to change from DLA to PIP, I haven’t had a hearing just the face to face 
    Oh OK.  I changed from DLA before and was successful after appealing twice.  But now the system or the criteria has changed again so I feel as though I'm starting all over again.  Congratulations on getting yours anyway.
    Thank you, haven’t received the final results but it do look good on the report 
    That sounds positive.  I haven't met or heard of anyone yet who has gone to an appeal hearing.  But a friend of mine said her friend went through it a couple of years ago and it left her traumatized, she appealed anyway because they turned her down the first time, and she was successful the second time.
  • HenryHenry Member Posts: 66 Courageous
    In   northern Ireland.   They told  me  no assessment report until  decision maker makes  a decision.
    Belfast
  • sdoc94sdoc94 Member Posts: 140 Pioneering
    Hi, my timeline was as follows:

• 4th January - I phoned DWP to claim PIP
    • 14th January - My PIP2 form arrived in post
    • 29th January - I returned the PIP2 form
    • 2nd February- Got letter from Capita stating I will need an assessment
    • 3rd February - Received appointment for home assessment 12 days later
    • 15th February - My home assessment took place
    • 19th February - My assessment report was sent from Capita to DWP
    • 21st February - My assessment report was received by DWP
    • 12th March - Received letter from DWP saying they have all they need
    • 14th March - Received back-payment to 4th Jan
    • 15th March - Got my decision over the phone
    • 17th March - Decision and award letter came in post

Hope this helps anyone who is still waiting!

Shady.
  • sdoc94sdoc94 Member Posts: 140 Pioneering
    By the way - My decision was standard daily living and enhanced mobility until 2021 - I had a perfectly honest assessor. (Northern Ireland)
    Shady.
    Hello all 
    Thanks for feedback.  I contacted the company that is helping me and they said that in my notes that we had sent out as evidence, even though it had been submitted DWP had left out the list of consultants that I am under, so I have sent them a copy to send to DWP today. I told them I feel anxious and its affecting my sleeping, not to say I sleep much anyway with the pain I'm in.  People have said to be honest in the hearing and that's what I intend to do, not that it has got me anywhere so far, I suppose I'll have to wait and see what the outcome will be.  Fingers crossed X
    Thanks Sandy.gp  X

It's appreciated.  I'm looking on Disability Rights UK it's very helpful, I'm reading up about tribunals and Appeal Hearings, someone from Scope recommended I have a look, so thank you for the advice.  I can't afford the book though £15 as money is very limited but the information will have to do..
    Get all the information you can Ritzy , I’m sure other members on here will help 
  • lillybellelillybelle Member Posts: 458 Pioneering
    Can’t you borrow the book from the library ?
    Hi there I took your advice and contacted the local library, and he said that the Disability Rights UK Book was available but for reference only, then he checked again and said the 2017-2018 addition was available at another branch, and they could send it over to the nearest library to me.  So hopefully I should get it before Monday the 23rd my hearing date.  Still dreading it, but it's got to be done.  I look at how I am and realize that this condition and my health aren't improving so I want them to see me as I am, it's not a joke living with constant pain and chronic fatigue.  They should spend a day walking in my shoes, they would soon change there way of thinking.  Onwards and upwards and positive thinking everyone.
  • susan48susan48 Member Posts: 2,229 Disability Gamechanger
    I bought a copy from eBay, £3.

there are plenty online
  • sunnydayssunnydays Member Posts: 29 Connected
    Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this, please. Sent my pip form completed in early October and Atos have had them since 11th of October and still heard anything. Does anyone have any thoughts please. Many Thanks
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    sunnydays said:
    Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this, please. Sent my pip form completed in early October and Atos have had them since 11th of October and still heard anything. Does anyone have any thoughts please. Many Thanks
    That's really not long. Most people have face to face assessments so expect one of those. Waiting times vary in all areas and there's no time scales. There's nothing you can do but wait. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    Aww Thank You for your reply, im not a patient person, with anything. Guess will have to carry on waiting. Thanks Poppy
    9 weeks Atos have had the pip 2 forms. 
  • LouleyLouley Member Posts: 4 Listener
    We asked for a review back in July, had f2f early October, still waiting for decision, just over 7 weeks. 
    At last I have a date for my Atos Pip Assessent, next Thurs. The thought of it makes me feel sick. Id rather attend a tribunal hearing than a medical, at least that would be a fair hearing. 

Sign in or join us to comment.