PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Could I lose PIP?

SystemSystem Posts: 519

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: Pip scores way off.

Replies

• dantheman2015dantheman2015 Member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi to all and good morning. My name is Eddie I was on pip for 3years my condition has got worse over time. I have just lost my pip and thay have taken my car from me . I have copd angina and back problems. I have just come out of hospital as my legs went numb and I was wetting myself with out knowing. I was in Blackburn general but was transferred to Preston hospital where I had a mri scan on my back. The doctor came to me with the results and said I have L5/S1 small bulge. The pain is so bad and at times I can not stand or sit for long. The doctors have but me on morfin and 60mil of codine 4 times a day. I have asked pip to look at my benefits again for me . I am also fighting depression that I have had for years now and that got worse now I lost everything. Can anyone please help me. Many thanks eddie 
  • BlakeAZPettittBlakeAZPettitt Member Posts: 9 Connected
    My sympathies for your current situation. my mum has recently been through a very similar thing. been on DLA all her adult life changed to Pip and now received nothing. she asked them to look again and still receives nothing. now it's going to a tribunal. I strongly suggest at this point to please not give up. fight it as far as you can they rely on people giving up and the less people that do hopefully the less they will try this tactic. The only problem is currently if they change their opinion to yes they have to back pay if it goes to tribunal apparently they don't so they will hold off as long as possible. However recently somebody faught at the tribunal and the judge ruled that the back pay is to be paid so hopefully that's a step in the right direction
  • charlenecharlene Member Posts: 555 Pioneering
    Hi dantheman.  There are many on this site in the same situation PIP wise, all fighting for their entitlements. I intend to go all the way if I have to. Take care and fight if you believe they have wronged you.
    When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
  • susan48susan48 Member Posts: 2,229 Disability Gamechanger
    dantheman2015,
    sorry your not feeling well.
    as far as I’m aware if you do go to tribunal and win the back pay will be given to you. I just received mine.
    try and stay strong, I know it’s difficult but please try. CockneyRebel  is very up on the ins and outs of tribunals etc, hopefully he will advise you
    take care
  • lindadeniselindadenise Member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Yes keep fighting its disgusting the way they treat people with illnesses. I have put in a MR i dont expect they will change there decision they are doing to alot of people, stay strong and fight for what you are entitled to.
    Good luck
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    My sympathies for your current situation. my mum has recently been through a very similar thing. been on DLA all her adult life changed to Pip and now received nothing. she asked them to look again and still receives nothing. now it's going to a tribunal. I strongly suggest at this point to please not give up. fight it as far as you can they rely on people giving up and the less people that do hopefully the less they will try this tactic. The only problem is currently if they change their opinion to yes they have to back pay if it goes to tribunal apparently they don't so they will hold off as long as possible. However recently somebody faught at the tribunal and the judge ruled that the back pay is to be paid so hopefully that's a step in the right direction
    Sorry this is incorrect. Any increase in award is paid from the date of the decision that is the subject of the MR or appeal

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
Sign in or join us to comment.