Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Mandatory consideration

lillybellelillybelle Member Posts: 469 Pioneering
Evening all.
   Just reading through today’s posts.
i have noticed that we have lots of posts about people winning tribunerals
( shouldn’t have gone that far in the first place)
Howver I have never heard of one Pip decision being overturned at M.D. stage.

Replies

• charlenecharlene Member Posts: 555 Pioneering
    I think I have read it is a 20% success rate.
    When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
  • susan48susan48 Member Posts: 2,229 Disability Gamechanger
    Shocking,

what’s the point in having the MD stage??
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    We don't see anything like 20% on the forums. The nature of most forums is that people generally only come when they are in trouble. Most claims that succeed first time are never heard from and likewise successful MR's seldom are heard from again.

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • whistleswhistles Member Posts: 1,590 Disability Gamechanger
    I guess it depends on the individual.
    Had I not been stressed I wouldn't have found this place.
    Even though pip is sorted I'm staying around because people have been supportive to me and hopefully I might be of some help to someone else. 
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi whistles
    I am sure from your posts you have helped many people. Everyone has different experiances to share

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • sleepy1sleepy1 Member Posts: 299 Pioneering
    Hi @lillybelle, I sort of had one overturned.

Let me explain, I was sent a PIP review last May even though I had won a tribunal decision for an award until July 18 following a very stressful few years to get the previous decision over ruled.  I completed the form ticking no change to all the questions even though most things were worse but I did not have any further evidence and was just to ill to be bothered answering the questions as to why.

Then I received a letter to go for a f2f assessment which I could not attend and asked for a home assessment which they refused and was unable to get to the second appointment so my PIP was cancelled.  I put in an MR which was refused so sent in an appeal which was very short and contained no further evidence.  Got the standard letter from tribunal......we have received your appeal.

A couple of weeks later got another letter from the tribunal service to say my appeal had been cancelled at the DWP request, I rang to find out why and they said the DWP had not given a reason.  Payments were reinstated and got a back payment but know one seems to know why they changed their decision.

Then hey ho what do you know I get another appointment letter from Atos to go to another f2f, (done this week) followed by another review form to fill in.

I can only conclude that something I said in my appeal made someone think the appeal would be pointless and they decided to do another MR without me asking for a second one, thus overturning the decision of the original MR I had asked for.

Sign in or join us to comment.