PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Help with moving from DLA to PIP?

SystemSystem Posts: 519

Scope community team

edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
This discussion was created from comments split from: DLA.... going through change to PIP.

Replies

• kazt3kazt3 Member Posts: 1 Listener
    My friend has been asked to reclaim and has asked me for help I'm lost as how to help because w when it was disability living allowance he was awarded this for numerous years due to being sectioned at the mental health team but over the last couple of years refuses to see anybody in authority due to paranoia and trust issues therefore has got no backup from any doctors or any form of doctor's or any form of carer yet I feel personally he should definitely be entitled to DLA or Pip at the highest level because I don't actually know anybody else in that state of mind where he is which is pretty sad as he has no family or friends only me I personally don't know how he manages. But he seems to please help in how I can help him to not lose his benefit
  • Lasian_ScopeLasian_Scope Member Posts: 660 Pioneering
    edited March 2018
    Hi @kazt3,

Citizens Advice has some information and advice about moving from DLA to PIP. You might also like to contact them to get advice about this specific situation, as it would be harder to claim without medical evidence.
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi kazt and welcome

It is great that you are trying to help your friend

Have a look at the B&W self test

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

PIP and DLA use different criteria, PIP is about functionallity more than condition and many people that were in receipt of DLA struggle to get a PIP award

I wish you the very best of luck and please do come back with any questions and we will do our best to help

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
Sign in or join us to comment.