Help with moving from DLA to PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Help with moving from DLA to PIP?

System Posts: 701

Scope community team

edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
This discussion was created from comments split from: DLA.... going through change to PIP.


  • kazt3
    kazt3 Member Posts: 1 Listener
    My friend has been asked to reclaim and has asked me for help I'm lost as how to help because w when it was disability living allowance he was awarded this for numerous years due to being sectioned at the mental health team but over the last couple of years refuses to see anybody in authority due to paranoia and trust issues therefore has got no backup from any doctors or any form of doctor's or any form of carer yet I feel personally he should definitely be entitled to DLA or Pip at the highest level because I don't actually know anybody else in that state of mind where he is which is pretty sad as he has no family or friends only me I personally don't know how he manages. But he seems to please help in how I can help him to not lose his benefit
  • Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    edited March 2018
    Hi @kazt3,

    Citizens Advice has some information and advice about moving from DLA to PIP. You might also like to contact them to get advice about this specific situation, as it would be harder to claim without medical evidence.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,216 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi kazt and welcome

    It is great that you are trying to help your friend

    Have a look at the B&W self test

    PIP and DLA use different criteria, PIP is about functionallity more than condition and many people that were in receipt of DLA struggle to get a PIP award

    I wish you the very best of luck and please do come back with any questions and we will do our best to help


    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.