PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Decision letter

lillybellelillybelle Member Posts: 458 Pioneering
The brown envelope has finally arrived. The DM has basically said word for word what was in report .
got enhanced mobility and just 6 for care. So nothing.
tomorrow I am putting in for an MR on the point of safety which is basically my main reason and the reason I need care on a daily basis.
Any advice will be gratefully received .
also should I telephone them as well as sending it in writing?

Replies

• becca91becca91 Member Posts: 12 Connected
    You can do the mr over the phone @lillybelle
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi lillybelle

Always a good idea to ring and write
    Don't try and discredit the report, concentrate on showing that you meet each descriptor

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • lillybellelillybelle Member Posts: 458 Pioneering
    Thanks for the advice.
    will be sitting down with a bucket full of tea plus biscuit tin tomorrow with pen & paper.
    has anybody used the form available that is on the website?
    apparently they don’t like people to use it for some reason
  • whistleswhistles Member Posts: 1,590 Disability Gamechanger
    My guess is cooking, washing and medication? 
    How do you fit into the rest of it for safety? 
    What about reliably?

I scored 6 by assessor as well and that's what I made myself. 
    Any mention of short term memory was simply dismissed although it was included as meds side effects and condition side effects.

God luck.

Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • susan48susan48 Member Posts: 2,229 Disability Gamechanger
    I used a online form, was better for me as I find it hard to put into words what I want to say
    I’ve spoken to disability solutions and I have 4 points for preparing food so leave alone.
    2points for bathing and showering that needs increasing for absolute safety at all time.
    medication that was 0
    also I have uncontrolled epilepsy with absences and petit mall daily and it is during and after a seizure that affect my short term memory and speech as I’ve forgotten what I’m saying so need prompting.
    this has not been taken into consideration.
    He said to me that if it wasn’t changed it would definately be over turned to standard rate at tribuneral
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    I’ve spoken to disability solutions and I have 4 points for preparing food so leave alone.
    2points for bathing and showering that needs increasing for absolute safety at all time.
    medication that was 0
    also I have uncontrolled epilepsy with absences and petit mall daily and it is during and after a seizure that affect my short term memory and speech as I’ve forgotten what I’m saying so need prompting.
    this has not been taken into consideration.
    He said to me that if it wasn’t changed it would definately be over turned to standard rate at tribuneral
    Although MR's have a low success rate and tribunals are much fairer, there is definately nothing definate about it

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • whistleswhistles Member Posts: 1,590 Disability Gamechanger
    I wish you well with your decision to question the award.

I could provide the how I couldn't do, but couldn't back up the why- no short memory loss diagnosed. 
    I got told because I have insight I can keep myself safe. 'you could strip wash in the bedroom'  :)

They might argue if you have just had a seizure the person should wait until you can speak. Just thinking out loud how they will look at it. 
    My short term effects my day to day life and its a real nuisance. But it doesn't fit those tasks. 
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
    It isn’t just lack of short term memory that I have.
    i am not aware of my surroundings or what situation I am in at the time. I’m not aware that I’m in the middle of a conversation or a task of some sort.
    that is where the safety aspect comes in
Sign in or join us to comment.