Cerebral Palsy
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Severe pain every day

SystemSystem Posts: 519

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: Chronic pain in lower back & left hip/leg.

Replies

• babscollier1babscollier1 Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi my name is babs iam in severe pain all day and wakes me up at night i have artritis in my right hand had an operation it took away the pain but cant grip very well i also  have depression taken tablets a few times and my two children was in and out of care i have siatica in my back and the pain goes down my left side on the cheek of my bottom mostly i also have arthritis in my right knee and its constant pain all the time it stops me from doing a lot of things and i feel so guilty when i cant do things in my house im on pain killers co.codamol 30.500 gabapentin diazapam 5 and 2 mls  im on phenegan for sleeping im on quine sulphite for crmps and depression tablets any body help me with the pain it makes me low very often i haven had an arguement with my son so we dont speak and my daughter has education disabilty is life worth living any more im in seveior pain i know some people are worse off than me but i really need too speak too some one i have a male partner who i have been engaed too for five years hes a big help but he dont live with me but i feel a burden too him is there help out there sorry too go on and on thanx babs
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @babscollier1, and welcome to the community.

So sorry to hear that you're living with chronic pain and depression, living with these things can be so debilitating and I'm sure many of our community members can relate to what you're going through. 

You are a member of our community and we appreciate you. If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at [email protected]. You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself. If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.

Are you part of a pain clinic at the moment, and is your GP aware of the situation? Hopefully our chronic pain advisor @ClaireSaul will be able to offer some input here too!

• babscollier1babscollier1 Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Thank you but the only thing thats keeping me going is my sixteen year old daughter who has learning difficulties and my partner i have a 20yr old son but we have fallen out and hes just had a baby girl i became a nanny so proud but his girlfriend and my son are so selfish i looked after them when they didnt have money food and other things when she was pregnant i gave all my money that i couldnt afford just too help them and now they wont let me see the baby and my son wont talk too me im not suicidle at the moment but when i think of my grandaughter who is nearly six weeks i wont see her smile or growing up but at the moment my daughter needs me and i got too put up with the pain  but i will phone samaritans if i feel ill thank you for your support and advice 
  • debbiedo49debbiedo49 Member Posts: 2,906 Disability Gamechanger
    You are not alone . It’s horrible living with chronic pain and mental health issues its a vicious cycle. I tell myself this too shall pass and try to think of that period of pain as one moment. You can get through one moment. I’m the same my teen son is my reason for living and I’m lucky to have him. You must go back to your gp or pain clinic if it’s getting too much. I am looking on here myself for ways other people deal with pain. Also you should be getting help with your mental health as there are coping strategies you can learn like mindfulness that can help you deal with everything . I hope you are getting help with your daughter ?
    💜🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
    I am a fibro warrior !💜♏️
  • sparton316sparton316 Member Posts: 6 Connected
    I live with chronic pain everyday. When I'm at my worse I can't even get out of bed without help. I only concentrate on one thing at a time and try and take some time for yourself.
Sign in or join us to comment.