Research Project on Wheelchair Users
My name is Anthony Myers, and I am a Masters Student in Psychology at the University of East London. As part of my degree, I am undertaking a research project that aims to explore how social support impacts wheelchair users and to see if there is a difference between individuals who have a congenital condition compared to ones who acquired a condition later in life. Also, to investigate the role of anxiety, stress, depression and self-efficacy in relation to social support.
I am an electric wheelchair user myself and have been so since birth. I have first-hand experience of what it is like to use a wheelchair and understand the importance of receiving social support in daily life. This research is unique and could create some interesting findings. In addition, it could inform the design and implementation of new schemes and structures that directly enhance the lives of wheelchair users.
The hope is to recruit a significant number of people (>100) who are wheelchair users. The study is quite simple. It only involves online completion of a questionnaire. This consists of questions that are relevant to the intended investigation.
If you would like to participate, then please click this link - https://uelpsych.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dhBBFrNmzP66h3n
Thank you for taking the time to read this message.
- 54.1K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 156 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 799 Work and employment
- 590 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 293 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 708 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 939 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments