Research Project on Wheelchair Users — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Research Project on Wheelchair Users

Options
AnthonyUEL
AnthonyUEL Community member Posts: 1 Listener

Hello, 

My name is Anthony Myers, and I am a Masters Student in Psychology at the University of East London. As part of my degree, I am undertaking a research project that aims to explore how social support impacts wheelchair users and to see if there is a difference between individuals who have a congenital condition compared to ones who acquired a condition later in life. Also, to investigate the role of anxiety, stress, depression and self-efficacy in relation to social support. 

I am an electric wheelchair user myself and have been so since birth. I have first-hand experience of what it is like to use a wheelchair and understand the importance of receiving social support in daily life. This research is unique and could create some interesting findings. In addition, it could inform the design and implementation of new schemes and structures that directly enhance the lives of wheelchair users. 

The hope is to recruit a significant number of people (>100) who are wheelchair users. The study is quite simple. It only involves online completion of a questionnaire. This consists of questions that are relevant to the intended investigation.

If you would like to participate, then please click this link - https://uelpsych.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dhBBFrNmzP66h3n

Thank you for taking the time to read this message. 

Best regards 

Anthony

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.