Asking landlord to change home — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Asking landlord to change home

System
System Posts: 703

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: Disability is getting me down.

Comments

• AndrewAddis
    AndrewAddis Member Posts: 9 Listener
    hi Iam a left leg amputee and having trouble with my landlord about exchanging from a big three bedroom house and a very large garden and I can't do it to a flat with would be great for as I have other medical problems as well but I feel that they are penalized me so very upset with it all thanks
  • Gaina
    Gaina Member Posts: 133 Pioneering
    edited June 2018
    hi Iam a left leg amputee and having trouble with my landlord about exchanging from a big three bedroom house and a very large garden and I can't do it to a flat with would be great for as I have other medical problems as well but I feel that they are penalized me so very upset with it all thanks

That actually poses a really interesting question: Is he classed as providing you with with a service - accommodation - under the Equalities Act? And B. If he has accommodation suitable for you that you *could* move into, is that classed as making a 'reasonable adjustment'? Might be one for thr CAB!
  • Mandy1066
    Mandy1066 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi Andrew have you contacted social services.i had a problem and they acted on my behalf and contacted people in the know for me. I also had interview with carers.co.uk who also could help.hope you get sorted 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.