PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Nurse said I had no reason to worry

SystemSystem Posts: 519

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: My PIP Reassessment from hell... 5th Feb, 2018.

Replies

• lucylucylucylucy Member Posts: 13 Listener
    hi just new on here but had my my f2f 4 weeks ago the nurse seemed quite nice and understanding she said at the end of assesment that i had no reason to worry and said she was even going to ask dwp not to request antmore f2f as it was obvious thet my health will never imorove im waiting for my result still but now reading everyone elses story starting to panic
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    lucylucy said:
    hi just new on here but had my my f2f 4 weeks ago the nurse seemed quite nice and understanding she said at the end of assesment that i had no reason to worry and said she was even going to ask dwp not to request antmore f2f as it was obvious thet my health will never imorove im waiting for my result still but now reading everyone elses story starting to panic
    Hi,

It really would have been better to have started your own post with this question, rather than add it on the end of someone elses post. This way it could have easily been missed.

You can ask DWP for a copy of the assessment report. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report. It's also very useful if you need to ask for the Mandatory Reconsideration, if the decision doesn't go in your favour.

The longest award for PIP is 10 years, with review at 9 years. This means if a decision does go in your favour then you will be re-assessed at some point. There is no life time awards for PIP.

Hopefully the HCP was as nice as you thought and you'll be given an award. Good luck.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • YadnadYadnad Posts: 2,856 Member
    Put it another way, what would you have done if the nurse had said that you had no chance of getting any award? Would you have walked out of the assessment without saying anything?

The last thing the assessor wants to do is antagonise you. This is the same reason why the DWP and the assessing companies refuse to normally allow a claimant to sit next to each other so that the claimant can see what is being written. Health & Safety reasons in the main.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68 Listener
    Take no notice of what the nurse says believe me 
  • whistleswhistles Member Posts: 1,590 Disability Gamechanger
    Ask for a copy of the report. 
    Welcome to the forum.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,284 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome,request a copy of your accessment report on receiving about14 days after requesting you will see how your accessment has gone and what your award may or should be. I hope the acessor was honest as you say. Time will tell, keep us updated and keep posting.
Sign in or join us to comment.