PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

How long does a PIP appeal take?

SystemSystem Posts: 489 Scope community team
edited July 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
This discussion was created from comments split from: Heat.

Replies

• crippscripps Member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    Well that’s a turn up for the books 😊 I’ve got an appointment first thing this morning with the doctor hopefully i can sort out my medication so I’m not spending my days as a 🦇 bat. Feeling terrible already just while I’m sat here. 😩. Is there a chance anyone knows how long it takes for an appeal with pip takes , I’m currently still receiving pip but the appeal is because i think they haven’t taken into account new evidence with my mobility. ? There must be a wise 🦉 owl out there somewhere. 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    If you're at Tribunal stage then some people are waiting 1 year for their hearing date. The backlogs are huge all over the country. You can ring the Tribunal with your ref number and ask them approx how long they think it will be.

For MR then there's no timescales. Good luck.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Rosie2017Rosie2017 Member Posts: 49 Courageous
    I waited 11 months for my appeal which seems to be the norm unfortunately. 
Sign in or join us to comment.