Undiagnosed and rare conditions
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Foot nerve damage

I had accident last year 5/2017 somebody was stamped my foot,now I can't walking anymore.I attend at very good hospital in London at A&E,had x-ray but I think person dosndi see good,foot was swelling, very painful be j,som s nails  with hematomas, blood and push,and bones painful.Doctors without asked me for allergies ,put injection with local anaesthetic to remove some nails and get hematomas out,I have allergies to penecillin, ampicillin and mostly of antibiotics here,anaes anaest-local,sedat sed,epidu epi etc.My face and tongue get reaction swealing, collapsed,when I was week-up doctor without any anesthetic trued to remove nails,but was so painful,and they decided book urgent for planed plastic surgery with general anaesthetic.Forgot and book my for local anaesthetic which I have allergies,cancer operation,for for rebooked my,foot was with bandage started worst,fever, feeling freezing (06/2017 weather was warned) and smells,inf infection.I contact to GP surgery she was send nurse to look what is,whe w bandage was opened foot was smell and push anywhere dark coloured skin.I was asked to GP refer my to hospital wichw I was attended,but she cancelled and referred me to local.I was seen at A&E again only X-ray,and told foot have be operated quiklyq maximum 3 days, because other option is amputation.Send my back home after 2 days called to go for operation,was prepared already on theatres ,but doctors forgot to operated me,I was back home and worsted so much ,I collapsed at home I lone parent living here only with my child,they knocked to my neighbor to help I was operated after 2days.Other mistakes after operation no seen any doctors on discharged next day,nobo no told what to do for foot Nobody come to home to change bandages 3weeks,foot started smells,my neighbor take my to A&E were was bandages opened and foot black colour, given to me morfin next I so painful scin go together with bandage.I never had fool-up appointment,GP never  wanted to come to see my at home,does doe wanted to refer my to specialist to investigate foot,was stopped my painkillers (Tramadol),I was back to hospital with ambulance 4-5 times,but hospital which was operated disndi wanted to told my try.I can felt my toes anymore,no any sensation on foot,numbne nu,burn bur/freezing severe pain come electroshock, stiffness,I can't put my foot fully floor anymore,I can't get out 1+year because I live on flat second floor there no lift,is 18steps,only ambulance take my out.Other hospital,my carers, social worker, asked many time to GP to come to see my and referred me to specialist,but she doesn't want.I was on ESA,but after assessment on home,be becau not diagnosis on my foot and GP don't support my ESA was stopped,GP was give my sick notes for 1 year,but she never visited my, because I listed ESA,she doesn't want to refer my to change property too My Housing benefit was stopped because ESA stopped.One doctors at A&A was looked my she told me symptoms is nerve damage, but she told my that have to be investigate how and why was happened,some bones still change position,be because maybe have fracture which was not seen properly on X-ray.Social  worker supported my for disability application without help from GP and I waiting for home assessment.I have asked for ESA mandatory reconsideration,but I don't know have chance to win it without support from GP and undiagnosed condition.I want to get good lawyer for hospital and GP, about this condition,I don't know does foot still have any chance to been saved,but I want to get support.Can somebody help my ,pl plea?.


  • nefertiti33nefertiti33 Member Posts: 4 Listener
    I can post pictures for foot,but not sure how people here be reacted for them.
  • SunshineLouSunshineLou Member Posts: 93 Pioneering
    @nefertiti33 you definitely need to seek help. I’m shocked by all you’ve said, and believe me, I’ve heard a lot of stories over the years. 
    I can advise that if you want to seek legal help than a very good firm to think of is Moore Blatch Solicitors. 
    They were recommended to me by the Encephalitis Society and I can personally vouch for them. They specialise is Clinical Negligence claims. 
    I don’t know all the details of your case but it does sound like you’ve had below average levels of care. That’s putting it mildly. 

    Seek advice, give them a call. You can get their details on the internet.

    I’m not sure if you’re interested but CBD is extremely good for nerve pain (it stops mine altogether and I no longer take prescription meds for mine any more because of this). You can buy it online if you need to from a company called Canabidol. 
    Again, you can find their details online and they come highly recommended. I’ve been taking their CBD products for over two years now and some of my other friends with various disabilities and specifically nerve damage and Neuropathic pain take their oils or capsules.

    I really hope you get help, because it sounds like you desperately need it. I’m so sorry you’ve been failed so badly :( 
  • nefertiti33nefertiti33 Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Thank you so much for your answer.
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Goodness, I'm so sorry to hear this @nefertiti33- you've clearly been through a lot and I really hope things can move forwards for you soon.

    I'd echo the advice from @SunshineLou, as it sounds as though you may benefit from some professional support here. Please do keep us updated and we'll advise where we can. You may also find Scope's guidance on DWP appeals helpful.
  • Jean_OTJean_OT Member Posts: 528 Pioneering
    Hi @nefertiti33

    If you are thinking about trying to bring a clinical negligence claim you might be interested to read the scope information on choosing a solicitor:https://www.scope.org.uk/support/families/negligence/choosing-solicitor

    I'm not qualified to give legal advice but I don't think that you will get legal aid for this so do check out what the legal fees might be before you commit to anything. If a law firm thinks you have a good case they might be willing to take the case on a 'no win no fee' basis. Clinical negligence cases are much harder to bring than most people realise as you not only have to prove that the professionals acted incorrectly but also that if they had acted according to protocol then the outcome for you would have been different.

    If  you want support to try to ensure that proper health care is in place then you could try contacting Patient's Association: https://www.patients-association.org.uk/  

    You mentioned that you have a social worker, perhaps your social worker could signpost you to local sources of advocacy to support you with both sorting out your health care and also ensuring that you are getting the benefits you are entitled to.

    Best Wishes


    Jean Merrilees BSc MRCOT

    You can read more of my posts at: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/ask-an-occupational-therapist

  • nefertiti33nefertiti33 Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Thank you Social worker closed my case 2 months ago,and waiting for another.I was asked to she refer my to solicitors,they told my they can't 
Sign in or join us to comment.