PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Have you won an appeal with mental health issues?

SystemSystem Posts: 545

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: Asking for help when struggling with mental illness.

Replies

  • Lisa1980Lisa1980 Member Posts: 10 Listener
    Can eny one tell me have u won appeal for mental health I still waiting appeal can u please shed some lite on this please my mental health is got so mad I don't want to be here eny more
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lisa1980,

    You are a member of our community and we appreciate you. If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at [email protected]. You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself.

    If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.

    I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling worried about the appeal. I'm sure our community members will be able to reassure and share their experiences with you, but in the meantime you may like to read Scope's guidance on DWP appeals to help you prepare.

    Let us know if you have any further questions, and please do keep us updated.


  • susan48susan48 Member Posts: 2,229 Disability Gamechanger
    @Lisa1980, hi i won my pip appeal due to my mental health problems.

    It was a very traumatic experience for me personally, it’s taken months for me to start to feel ok again.

    I didn’t get told on the day of my appeal and they were running late so had to wait a few days then called and asked if they could tell me the result over the phone, thankfully I went from standard daily and no mobility to enhanced daily and standard mobility.
    The awards for 3 years.

    Any questions just ask x
  • Lisa1980Lisa1980 Member Posts: 10 Listener
    May I ask what mental health problem u got I got spilt parsonal disorder and very bad depression what did that take in court for your medical health do u take lots of medications I want go out on my own I don't like to talk to people I don't no I have a panic attack and I just can not cope bye my self I had a care but he cares got stop so he don't see me eny more
  • susan48susan48 Member Posts: 2,229 Disability Gamechanger
    I have depression, social anxiety, pain anxiety and FND.

    I didn’t take anything with me except a friend for support, the person you take isn’t allowed to talk, only at the end.

    i suggest you definitely take someone with you because it’s a very anxious time.

    i sent into the courts before my hearing, I think you’v 10 days before the date to send additional evidence, I sent update prescription list and a letter from Psychologist I didn’t realise the doctor had.

    Hope this helps
  • Lisa1980Lisa1980 Member Posts: 10 Listener
    Can u tell me what questions thay ask u and what thay take in account I so worry my medical health got that mad I tryed to cook make self some lunch and I sat down and fill a sleep with the cooker on my place was smoke all the way tho
  • Lisa1980Lisa1980 Member Posts: 10 Listener
    susan48 said:
    I have depression, social anxiety, pain anxiety and FND.

    I didn’t take anything with me except a friend for support, the person you take isn’t allowed to talk, only at the end.

    i suggest you definitely take someone with you because it’s a very anxious time.

    i sent into the courts before my hearing, I think you’v 10 days before the date to send additional evidence, I sent update prescription list and a letter from Psychologist I didn’t realise the doctor had.

    Hope this helps

  • Lisa1980Lisa1980 Member Posts: 10 Listener
    And did thay back date u all your money I beening going through this appeal for over 2 years I so upset I got back then thay taken it off me all so can u tell me what I need to take with me or get off my docs 
  • susan48susan48 Member Posts: 2,229 Disability Gamechanger
    Lisa1980 said:
    Can u tell me what questions thay ask u and what thay take in account I so worry my medical health got that mad I tryed to cook make self some lunch and I sat down and fill a sleep with the cooker on my place was smoke all the way tho
    They asked how did I do shopping,- I do everything online.
     go to the dentist, - my dentist is fully aware of how my condition effect me and is extremely patient and understanding.
    hairdressers - either at ho,e or if I’m not too bad ask for a day there’s nobody booked in so in the salon myself.
    how do I manage to cook- , I use a microwave or toaster if not supervised, had a fire and burns, leave the gas ring on etc.
    i do try to make a proper meal if supervised.
    had I lost weight- Yes was the answer 
    do I drive - only if feeling ok.

    cant think of anything else as I was so anxious it’s all a haze.
  • susan48susan48 Member Posts: 2,229 Disability Gamechanger

    Lisa1980 said:
    And did thay back date u all your money I beening going through this appeal for over 2 years I so upset I got back then thay taken it off me all so can u tell me what I need to take with me or get off my docs 
    Yes I got backdated money.
    I would send in any report from mental health team, ask your gp if they have any letters on your file to help support your claim, recent up to date prescription list.
    Do not take them on the day though, when you get your hearing date send the evidence in 10 days before the hearing date, that will give the panel a chance to read it all.

    i understand how anxious you are but try and stay focused x
Sign in or join us to comment.