Disabled people
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Family issues

SystemSystem Posts: 545

Scope community team

edited August 2018 in Disabled people
This discussion was created from comments split from: Hi, my name is Trish56!.

Replies

• Trish56Trish56 Member Posts: 15 Connected
    I am very proud + the fact my grandaughter copes with a sick baby and 2 parents that use her and verbally abuses her.she wants to move out to be with her little family but they tell her she cant.She is 18 1/2 her siblings are alo treated badly but no one does anything about it.I love my daughter and my grandchildren and my beautitful great grandchild but my  son ìñ law and daughter wont let me see the children anymore. 
  • JazzguitarJazzguitar Member Posts: 180 Courageous
    Appalling Neville
  • MisscleoMisscleo Member Posts: 646 Pioneering
    We only have your word for whats happened
    I know the damage grsndparents csuse in familys. Winding up kids to be rude to their parents. Telling kids they dont have to do any housework when they come home. Leaving mom usually to wirk full time and cope with all the housework.
    And making kids say they dont want to see their other grandparents or their fsthers.
    The evil grandparents do to split up mom, dad, kids and other grandparents. 
    Appologise and hope they let you back in.
    A freinds mom talked her son into chucking their other child aged 3 out of the befroom window cos he looked the dad 
  • Theresa36187Theresa36187 Member Posts: 4 Listener
    @misscleo.... I truly believe your above comment is highly charged by a situation close to home. However, this comment is nit at all helpful for the above situation. Please reconsider your reply. 
  • TopkittenTopkitten Member Posts: 1,263 Pioneering
    Families can be the biggest problem most people face whether healthy or not. However, I personally do not feel it is my place to interfere or even give much advice. I have had to deal with a wife that mistreated me and my son, with a grandmother that constantly interfered, with my mother that would never even offer advice to be certain of not interfering and with children that have gone from being close to me to not wanting to know me. Unfortunately ALL replies will be tainted with a personal pov mirroring their personal situation and being of little help to anyone else for just that reason. All I will say is that talking and communicating is just as important to the wider family as it is to a partner.

It was explained to me in this way when I went through my first divorce. When 2 people disagree their are three sides to consider. His side, her side and the truth. No matter how much a person tries everyone colours their side of the discussion in their favour and most people don't even realise they do so, it's just part of being human rather than a machine.

I do hope you find some sort of solution but, at the end of the day, everyone has to make their own choices for their own benefit and not try to drag in someone else to support them, as is often the case.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • MisscleoMisscleo Member Posts: 646 Pioneering
    Its if no use trying to bury the truth. It will always come back. It has too. By definition its the truth.
    Whatever slant you wish to put on it. Its the truth and will always come back. Cos its the TRUTH
Sign in or join us to comment.