Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Call for Participants: Focus Groups on Accessibility Plans
My name is Armineh Soorenian and I am a researcher working for the Alliance for Inclusive Education (ALLFIE).
By law, schools should make Accessibility Plans to enable Disabled children and young people to access school facilities and make the most of their education. However, there have been no studies to find out if Accessibility Plans help Disabled pupils to feel included and part of their school communities.
In October 2018, we will be holding focus groups in Leeds, covering the North East of England for:
Parents – Monday 8th October, 11:00-13:00
Disabled children & young people – Wednesday 10th October, 16:00-18:00
Educators and professionals – Friday 12th October, 16:00-18:00
The focus groups will be held at Community Hub meeting room, John Lewis, Victoria Gate, Harewood St, Leeds LS2 7AR
We will use these discussion groups to find out about any gaps between what the law says and people’s real-life experiences in schools.
Further groups will be held in other regions throughout England in autumn.
Even if you don’t feel well-informed about Accessibility Plans, why not get involved and share your experiences with us? Help us help you to get Accessibility Plans which really work. If you would like more information about the project, please contact me at [email protected] and visit our website at https://www.allfie.org.uk/news/blog/is-your-school-inclusive/
Dr Armineh Soorenian
- 54.2K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 157 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 800 Work and employment
- 591 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 293 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.8K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 708 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 941 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.