PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Waiting for PIP

SystemSystem Posts: 521

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: Pip waiting times..

Replies

• Mandy58Mandy58 Member Posts: 49 Courageous
    edited September 2018
    I had a f2f on the 24th of July and I am still waiting i called the pip ongoing claim 24th of September the gentleman that answer the phone said that my claim was with the case worker I ask how long before I will hear from them he said that he wasn't sure. My review letter arrive from March i was told to return it by 5th April which I did get a text 27th April to they have received it so my claim seems like it been going on for ever we are now in 25th days of September 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    Have you asked for a copy of the assessment report? This will give you some idea what the decision will be as they mostly go with the report.

Your report could have been sent to audit before it was returned to DWP, if it was then this would have delayed the decision process. Unfortunately there's nothing you can do until a decision's been made. I know it's very stressful, hopefully not much longer now. Good luck.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
    edited September 2018
    No I didn't ask for the report to tell the honest truth i am so stress out I can't be bothered anymore because it has been 6 months seen this claim has been with them I thought there was a deadline for them to answer back client's some people said 6-8 weeks for reply some said 12 weeks from claim date well I don't know what to believe 9 weeks since my FTF and 6 months since my review form as been return. .an top of this I done my esa assessments March of last year am now worrying about when is my next assessment will be is it every 2 years or 3 years if it's 2 year's then by January I probably get my claim form again so another worries again when is going to stop. this situation will drive you in real real depression there should be a law against this government behaviour when it comes to dealing with disability benefits 2-4 the most that someone should of to wait to hear from dwp no longer the dwp is doing these things to sick people and getting away with it.it shouldn't be like that. WE SICK AND DISABILITY PEOPLE NEED HELP.  
    There's really no timescales, it depends on back log in your area. The timescales given are purely just a guide.

ESA can review you at anytime, some are re-assessed every 6 months and others it's 3 years and more.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • susielockettsusielockett Member Posts: 53 Courageous
    Hi Mandy58,

I live in Warrington and have to go to St. Helens for my assessment. It has taken 12 months to get an appeal date I go in the afternoon tomorrow and to be honest so fed up with it all, very nervous about tomorrow even though I am not normally an anxious person. I am disgusted with the length of time we are put through this and just highlights how much of a blunder the face to face assessments are. I really do think the system needs to change but cannot see that happening in the near future.
    susielockett
    edited September 2018
    Hi susie wish you all the best for tomorrow believe that you have win your case and you will win it.  when I said that  I am stressful  can't sleep properly not that I slept good at night anyway just looking for that brown envelope every morning is just really making me more sick more than anything else hope some good news comes behind all of our problems. .
    I know the feeling on the not sleeping. Like you, I dont sleep well anyway but these last 3 weeks (thats how long I have known the date) have been horrendous. Looks like none tonight for sure. I know I have done all I can do and at the end of the day its going to be 3 people that will ask a few questions and say yes or no but its the thought of sitting there. I am lucky my sister and brother in law will be with me. Hope yours comes through soon.
    Yes just the thought of sitting there doesn't know what the question that they will be asking and you don't know if you are answering the correct answer. But you will be fine go win your case girl..
    I am tough if nothing else hahaha I got in touch with my M.P. when I saw what the assessor had said and she is following the case so it should be interesting. I also complained to ATOS but their answer was well we were not in the room when the assessment took place. waste of space if you ask me. Mind it was lovely when I got a postcard from the House of Commons!
    Great girl you done all you can so go win win your case 
    Hi Mandy58,

I live in Warrington and have to go to St. Helens for my assessment.
    Hi,

A Tribunal is not an assessment. It's a room with 3 people, a judge, a doctor and a disability adviser. They will ask you questions about how your condition was at the time the original decision was made. You can take someone with you but you'll have to answer all the questions yourself. Sometimes they can't make a decision on the day, if this happens they will write to you within a couple of days with the decision. Good luck.
  • debbiedo49debbiedo49 Member Posts: 2,906 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck, they tend to be more efficient and fairer than atos.
    💜🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
    I am a fibro warrior !💜♏️
    Ok great to know 
  • Mumof2dsMumof2ds Member Posts: 148 Pioneering
    @susielockett

Wishing you luck for tomorrow, sounds like you have everything covered. XX 
    Politeness costs nothing, but goes a long way in life. 
     Always look out for each other. Be kind. 
     Hugs and smiles mean the world. XX 
    Thanks everyone for the good wishes. As much as we all understand what we are facing it is still a nerve wracking experience. All I can do has been done :)
    Yeah yeah great great news glad for you my dear. ...still waiting on my decision to come another day pass by again full 9 weeks 
    Thanks Mandy58 I hope you hear sooner rather than later.
    Thanks susie really hope so too 
  • Mumof2dsMumof2ds Member Posts: 148 Pioneering
    @susielockett that's great news. What a relief. Now breathe and relax a bit. Be kind to yourself and mentally rest. XX 
    Politeness costs nothing, but goes a long way in life. 
     Always look out for each other. Be kind. 
     Hugs and smiles mean the world. XX 
    Congratulations 
    💜🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
    Hi folks it's coming up this week will be 11 week's since my FTF and still not received my brown envelope post man been this morning 6th October and nothing again. I heard that the brown envelope only comes on Saturday's if so then another Saturday again to waiting. ..Hell this killing me slowly but surely.has anyone ever waited so long for their brown envelope to arrive. 
  • YadnadYadnad Posts: 2,856 Member
    Mandy58 said:
    I heard that the brown envelope only comes on Saturday's if so then another Saturday again to waiting. ..Hell this killing me slowly but surely.has anyone ever waited so long for their brown envelope to arrive. 
    And people wonder why some claimants, like myself, just throw the towel in?
    When does health become less important than money?

Exactly me personally just give up can't be ask anymore 
    Brown envelopes can come anytime, it just seems like they come on Saturday lol 

There’s no timescales to decisions, it depends on backlog in your area.

If the report was chosen for audit after the assessment then this will delay the report being returned and a decision being made.

Have you asked for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you? This will give you some idea what the decision will be as they mostly go with the report.
    No I have not ask for assessment report lost time I call ongoing claim advicer to me that my claim was with the case worker that was on 27th of September speak to C.A.B last week was told that I just of to wait.
    I  live in London 
    edited October 2018
    Hi folks i notice everyone has gone silence no more comments am guessing we all have had enough of the government and their benefits nonsense . Anyway it has been 11 week's since my FTF I call pip ongoing claim on monday 8th October  i speak to a adviser he told me that my claim was help up and its has now with the DM  i should hear from them this week. Let see hopefully it is not a lie last time I call i was told it was with the case worker.ANYONE KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CASE WORKER AND THE DM 
    Mandy58 said:
    Hi folks i notice everyone has gone silence no more comments am guessing we all have had enough of the government and their benefits nonsense . Anyway it has been 11 week's since my FTF I call pip ongoing claim on monday 8th October  i speak to a adviser he told me that my claim was help up and its has now with the DM  i should hear from them this week. Let see hopefully it is not a lie last time I call i was told it was with the case worker.ANYONE KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CASE WORKER AND THE DM 
    It is one and the same - a person known by two different titles.
  • ShlblyShlbly Member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    Hi I live in Kent and had my F2F on the 8/8 and still waiting for desicion letter. I have seen the report and looks like I am getting enhanced on both elements, but not believing it till I see it, money been stopped twice by Atos since 2012, plus complained about last assessment to Atos and got nowhere. 
    Hope you hear soon.
    Shlbly said:
    Hi I live in Kent and had my F2F on the 8/8 and still waiting for desicion letter. I have seen the report and looks like I am getting enhanced on both elements, but not believing it till I see it, money been stopped twice by Atos since 2012, plus complained about last assessment to Atos and got nowhere. 
    Hope you hear soon.
    Was it at the Canterbury or Ashford centre?

If it was at either then you have been extremely lucky as what I hear of both of those centres very few have got any award.
    I have had all 3 of my PIP assessments in Canterbury and all 3 resulted in 0 points.
    Ok I live in London 
    Yadnad said:
    Shlbly said:
    Hope you hear soon.
    Was it at the Canterbury or Ashford centre?

If it was at either then you have been extremely lucky as what I hear of both of those centres very few have got any award.
    I have had all 3 of my PIP assessments in Canterbury and all 3 resulted in 0 points.
    Home assessments hun, had three now and first one I was in bed, had been for four days and everything was stopped!
    edited October 2018
    Hi SHlbly to tell the honest truth I can't cope with this problem it's causing more mental health problems then it is really worth and there is no one out there to help us.there should be a deadline when the the dwp should reply back they  said 4 -8 weeks but it's not true I believe 4-6 weeks for the new claims because when I first received pip after f2f i only waited for 4 weeks.
    Mandy58 said:
    Hi SHlbly to tell the honest truth I can't cope with this problem it's causing more mental health problems then it is really worth and there is no one out there to help us.there should be a deadline when the the dwp should reply back they  said 4 -8 weeks but it's not true I believe 4-6 weeks for the new claims because when I first received pip after f2f i only waited for 4 weeks.
    Hi Mandy58 I so empathise with, I’ve had three referrals back to the MH team in the last year and all they keep saying is’tell her to go to CAB re her benefits’ I did have an advocate, she is not allowed to cover my area any more. It’s all a complete mess if you ask me. Yes my last two F2F came through really quick. It has been two years next month since this all started, going from DLA to PIP and it has defiantly made my MH and my physical disabilities worse.
    take care and I hope you hear soon x
    I am sooo depressed why I heard of these ridiculous behaviour from the dwp and there is nothing anyone can do about it this is a mental tortured i can't handle it anymore just block it out of our minds and hope that one day if not too late for many that someone will come along and challenges this government behaviour and scrap this dam assessment all together.
    Mandy58 said:
    I am sooo depressed why I heard of these ridiculous behaviour from the dwp and there is nothing anyone can do about it this is a mental tortured i can't handle it anymore just block it out of our minds and hope that one day if not too late for many that someone will come along and challenges this government behaviour and scrap this dam assessment all together.
    Here here totally agree!!!
    But then there could well be an ulterior motive by the DWP - make life so unbearable for a claimant that they will probably throw the towel in. Doing that gives the DWP/government the right to say 'told you so - many claimants are not as genuine as they make out AND it saves a whole load of money.

Yadnad said:
    But then there could well be an ulterior motive by the DWP - make life so unbearable for a claimant that they will probably throw the towel in. Doing that gives the DWP/government the right to say 'told you so - many claimants are not as genuine as they make out AND it saves a whole load of money.

But this is the third time I have had this happen to me now, how do you explain that one?
    I really don't know i haven't got the energy 
    To do anything anymore not even to call them again 2 weeks ago I call them was told my claim was with the case worker I call again on Monday was told that my claim was help up now with DM and I should heard from them this week it's 11.30 now post man has been and yet again nothing from them i heard that it's only Saturday that letters only comes from the dwp so that is only Saturday that I look out for post  i am feeling so down at this moment 
    Mandy58 said:
    To do anything anymore not even to call them again 2 weeks ago I call them was told my claim was with the case worker I call again on Monday was told that my claim was help up now with DM and I should heard from them this week it's 11.30 now post man has been and yet again nothing from them i heard that it's only Saturday that letters only comes from the dwp so that is only Saturday that I look out for post  i am feeling so down at this moment 
    Case worker and decision maker are both the same thing, just different names. I know you've been told many times that a decision will be made within a time period but there's no timescales to any decision. Backlogs add extra time to decisions, as well as reports being sent to audit which adds extra time onto making the decision.

DWP only sending letters out to arrive on a Saturday isn't true lol. It feels this way a lot of the time but i've received letters on Saturdays as well as receiving them on week days.

Ringing for a copy of the assessment report will help because they mostly go with the report.

I know it's very stressful, everyone feels exactly the same as you're feeling right now. Hopefully it won't be much longer.
    Shlbly said:

But this is the third time I have had this happen to me now, how do you explain that one?

So have I. 2013, 2015 and 2017.

All three assessments gave me 0 points despite the previous awards being Enhanced Care & Mobility which came about following an MR. for the first two.
    It does seem to me that having to have face to face assessments every 2 years was being carried out to put pressure on me so as to throw the towel in which I did after the third reassessment.

It's the only thing that we all can do is to throw in the towel yes and to hell with it all 
    I will of to ask for the report then 
    Mandy58 said:
    I will of to ask for the report then 
    Hi Mandy58 have you had any news yet? Still nothing this end!
    SHlbly no nothing at all 
    Mandy58 said:
    SHlbly no nothing at all 
    The no they must have all gone off sick or something, it’s ridiculous all this isn’t it?
    I give up to be honest can't be bothered anymore 
    Mandy58 said:
    I give up to be honest can't be bothered anymore 
    That’s what they want us to do and if I had t had the help from my local Councillor, I would have done ages ago. Please be strong, surely this must end some day!
    Thanks SHlbly for your comfort advice i won't be calling them again because call twice first time I was told that my claim was with the case worker that was week 9 week 11 which was last week i was told that my claim was help up and its now with the DM and I should heard from them this week which was last week post man came on saturday my heart sank when i didn't get the brown envelope.  now it's week 12 since my FTF not going to even call again  because maybe the advicer are telling me lies and building up my hope..
    Mandy58 said:
    Thanks SHlbly for your comfort advice i won't be calling them again because call twice first time I was told that my claim was with the case worker that was week 9 week 11 which was last week i was told that my claim was help up and its now with the DM and I should heard from them this week which was last week post man came on saturday my heart sank when i didn't get the brown envelope.  now it's week 12 since my FTF not going to even call again  because maybe the advicer are telling me lies and building up my hope..
    Hi you are welcome, think we just need to wait hun.
    we phoned 3+weeks ago and was told it was in a que. Then my local Councillor phoned over two weeks ago, and they said any day now. Last week MP contacted them to ask them to deal with it urgently and still nothing!
    They don't care who called just going to of to wait there is nothing else that we can do just wait and wait.when I heard from them will let you know hun have a good day 
  • chizchiz Member Posts: 59 Courageous
    edited October 2018
    H @Mandy58 i havent received my brown envelope but when i rang the pip helpline they transferred me through to a case manager who read out my award over the phone , that was on monday .. x

Oh great news for you hun that's what I like to hear good news 
    Mandy58 said:
    They don't care who called just going to of to wait there is nothing else that we can do just wait and wait.when I heard from them will let you know hun have a good day 
    So true, have just emailed MP and been told he is in court for election fraud, that helps me, not. 
    You to let me know when you hear anything?
    chiz said:
    H @Mandy58 i havent received my brown envelope but when i rang the pip helpline they transferred me through to a case manager who read out my award over the phone , that was on monday .. x

Hi chiz when was your F2F may I ask? 
    That just flipping great SHlbly when you most needed him he is in court.i will let you know when I heard anything 
    @Shlbly hi my f2f was 17th september , it was 4 weeks to the day when i rang on monday morning and they told me the descion was made on the sunday x
    chiz said:
    @Shlbly hi my f2f was 17th september , it was 4 weeks to the day when i rang on monday morning and they told me the descion was made on the sunday x
    Well done let’s hope you hear soon!
    Mandy58 said:
    Well after two missed calls from the DWP earlier, phoning them back and the person saying they wanted dates of when my illnesses got worse, I have 14 but they couldn’t tell me which one. Then got my third phone call and asked the same question again, I was in a right state by then, starting to have a panic attack.  I had to explain that because of the Atos assessor lying in 2017, we complained about this, she knew nothing about it, saying that this was a new claim, she finally understood, and told me I had got my enhanced rates and would get a letter. But no back payments on the Mental Health side of things, as had already appealed, so have lost 14 months of money. So until the next time.
    Oh OK a bit of good and bad news then hopefully all will be sorted out soon and you can get a better news 
    Hi everyone i got my letter this morning not saturday still got my standard rate got 16 points and it has been cut by  £20 a week 
    Hi @Mandy58 why has it been cut ? How long have you got the award for ? 
    Iv still had no descion letter
    Ellen x
    Mandy58 said:
    Hi everyone i got my letter this morning not saturday still got my standard rate got 16 points and it has been cut by  £20 a week 
    16 points? how many points did you score for the daily living part and how many for mobility part?  what award did you previously have and was this a review or did you report a change of circumstances?
    Sorry I might be getting this mixed up because they haven't set it out like the last letter my daily living is 9 points and my mobility is 4 points .
    They even cut my times  from 5 years to 3 years. My friend told long before that they will cut my  times and money because that's what they did to her and she was right.i am not even going to bother to appeal i really can't take the stress of all the pains anymore i just thank God that I got something 
    Hi folks I  show my friend my pip letter she is a housing benefit officer  and she take a look at it dwp cut  my mobility component and of course it's  £60 a month my pip cut by not  £20 as I first thought I am  £60 worse off monthly 
    If you were previously claiming standard rate mobility PIP then this is £22.65 per week, approximately £90.60 every 4 weeks because PIP is paid every 4 weeks and not monthly.
    Yeah well 4 weeks i should have said sorry am going to the CAB on monday to get some more advice this letter has not set out correctly i got 3 pages of the same letter and the report was written on the back of award letter in such a small writing and very close together i don't know who wrote this report not professional at all 
    Yeah well 4 weeks i should have said sorry am going to the CAB on monday to get some more advice this letter has not set out correctly i got 3 pages of the same letter and the report was written on the back of award letter in such a small writing and very close together i don't know who wrote this report not professional at all 
    Are you sure it's the award letter and not the assessment report? With an award letter it will tell you exactly how much your payments will be, what award you got and all the points you scored will be added up.
    The letter said personal independent payment etc etc i have looked at your pip and decided I can still award you the standard rate of  £ a week 
    That's the decision letter.
    I didnt get anything for my mobility 
    Hi all ...
    Update today ..
    I received my award letter,.
    Saturday 😐 .. 
    Enhanced on both for an ongoing period at the front of the letter with we will contact you after 16th sept 2028..
    Im soo happy 😍
    I do not understand the payments though as it says 1st payment will be 13th november but il get it in my account 11th december ?? So what happens from now until december ?? I was due my dla payment oct 30th xx
    Thankyou everyone for always being around and getting me through this stressful few weeks 
    Ellenx
    Great great news yea yea happy happy for you girl one more pain is over.and  i think that the payment that you are going to get in November or December is the end of your old pip or DLA  and your new claims just started again.my news wasn't so good cut off my mobility i only daily living allowance and said that they contact 23rd July 2020 not looking for the pain suffering and tortured again 
  • Government_needs_reformGovernment_needs_reform Member Posts: 858 Pioneering
    edited October 2018
    chiz said:
    Hi all ...
    Update today ..
    I received my award letter,.
    Saturday 😐 .. 
    Enhanced on both for an ongoing period at the front of the letter with we will contact you after 16th sept 2028..
    Im soo happy 😍
    I do not understand the payments though as it says 1st payment will be 13th november but il get it in my account 11th december ?? So what happens from now until december ?? I was due my dla payment oct 30th xx
    Thankyou everyone for always being around and getting me through this stressful few weeks 
    Ellenx

Well done on getting an ongoing award, welcome to the club @chiz you will still get your DLA payment on the 30th, and then 4 weeks later your PIP will then come into play as you've moved over from DLA and no backdating in this case.

Hope this makes sense to you as DLA is 4 weeks paid In arrears As is PIP.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

@chiz I've added a screenshot of mine, as I changed fro DLA to PIP, this is to give you what you should have recieved in your decision letter explaining the move from DLA to PIP? Also there maybe a few pounds difference.

⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

Thankyou .. i feel so ungrateful worrying about the pay days ... i was on high dla indef , i was just wondering if my last dla  payment is on the 30th oct and they start paying me pip from 13th nov.. then thats 2 weeks after my dla end award so what happens to them 12 days  from 30th oct until 12th nov.. as im guessing the pip that goes into my account on dec 11th is from 12th to then ... oh gosh so sorry for rambling in my head i make sense and lose 12 days dla .. and i feel ungrateful as iv got such good news.. i just like to know where i am with money so close to xmas and 3 small children
    Ellen x 
    @chiz listen to me please, you just been given what you deserve just try and calm down it will all work itself out I assure you, as it's transferimg over from DLA you may loose a few quid nothing much.

Dont panic you may not, I lost £20 that's not to bad as I also got ongoing award myself and we won't have to keep going through all this hassle for a while.

I've been where you are now, I Also was on DLA indef and have endured all this and as you can see mine was close to Xmas as you can see mine change in December 5th I then got my PIP 2nd Jan 2018.
    ⬇️

edited October 2018
    This is the confusing bit for me. There are many that have been on DLA for years receiving both high mobility and care for an indefinite period, and when they transfer over to PIP receive no points at all.

Then there are others that just sail through from high DLA for both components to PIP enhanced for both components.

At best if you could only walk up to 50 metres under DLA (high mobility) surely you should get some points under PIP for mobility?

How someone can be found to have absolutely no impact on their lives under PIP yet were given DLA  - something very wrong there.

edited October 2018
    @yadnad my friend hope your okay, or as best you can be.
    As I've said before to you it's a combination on how you present the form and the people involved in my care and evidence for which I supplied with my PIP 2.

I can't speak for others on Indef DLA I know you have a lot of issues and I truly believe you should be getting PIP.

Yes I do really believe I was lucky getting my ongoing PIP without a Face to Face but I did give them what was needed and I mad sure it was concrete and to the point, and yes the report I got back of Capita did justify all and everything and was 100% correct. Maybe god was on my side.
    ⬇️

Hi @Yadnad
    I wouldnt say i sailed through to be fair  
    My evidence was all updated every year from 2012
    I had my carers evidence
    I had my childrens carers who take and bring my children home from school,  i had  evidence from eldercare who fitted all my machines in my house ..
    My prescriptions was updated 3 pages long..
    I cannot walk more than 3 steps unaided ,
    I just think they couldnt get behind the evidence
    Xx ellen
    As I've said before to you it's a combination on how you present the form and the people involved in my care and evidence for which I supplied with my PIP 2.

I can't speak for others on Indef DLA I know you have a lot of issues and I truly believe you should be getting PIP.

Yes I do really believe I was lucky getting my ongoing PIP without a Face to Face but I did give them what was needed and I mad sure it was concrete and to the point, and yes the report I got back of Capita did justify all and everything and was 100% correct. Maybe god was on my side.

Signed
    💜🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
Sign in or join us to comment.