Waiting for PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Waiting for PIP

System
System Posts: 703

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: Pip waiting times..

Comments

• Mandy58
    Mandy58 Member Posts: 52 Courageous
    edited September 2018
    I had a f2f on the 24th of July and I am still waiting i called the pip ongoing claim 24th of September the gentleman that answer the phone said that my claim was with the case worker I ask how long before I will hear from them he said that he wasn't sure. My review letter arrive from March i was told to return it by 5th April which I did get a text 27th April to they have received it so my claim seems like it been going on for ever we are now in 25th days of September 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,573 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    Have you asked for a copy of the assessment report? This will give you some idea what the decision will be as they mostly go with the report.

Your report could have been sent to audit before it was returned to DWP, if it was then this would have delayed the decision process. Unfortunately there's nothing you can do until a decision's been made. I know it's very stressful, hopefully not much longer now. Good luck.
  • Mandy58
    edited September 2018
    No I didn't ask for the report to tell the honest truth i am so stress out I can't be bothered anymore because it has been 6 months seen this claim has been with them I thought there was a deadline for them to answer back client's some people said 6-8 weeks for reply some said 12 weeks from claim date well I don't know what to believe 9 weeks since my FTF and 6 months since my review form as been return. .an top of this I done my esa assessments March of last year am now worrying about when is my next assessment will be is it every 2 years or 3 years if it's 2 year's then by January I probably get my claim form again so another worries again when is going to stop. this situation will drive you in real real depression there should be a law against this government behaviour when it comes to dealing with disability benefits 2-4 the most that someone should of to wait to hear from dwp no longer the dwp is doing these things to sick people and getting away with it.it shouldn't be like that. WE SICK AND DISABILITY PEOPLE NEED HELP.  
  • poppy123456
    There's really no timescales, it depends on back log in your area. The timescales given are purely just a guide.

ESA can review you at anytime, some are re-assessed every 6 months and others it's 3 years and more.
  • susielockett
    susielockett Member Posts: 53 Courageous
    Hi Mandy58,

I live in Warrington and have to go to St. Helens for my assessment. It has taken 12 months to get an appeal date I go in the afternoon tomorrow and to be honest so fed up with it all, very nervous about tomorrow even though I am not normally an anxious person. I am disgusted with the length of time we are put through this and just highlights how much of a blunder the face to face assessments are. I really do think the system needs to change but cannot see that happening in the near future.
    susielockett
  • Mandy58
    edited September 2018
    Hi susie wish you all the best for tomorrow believe that you have win your case and you will win it.  when I said that  I am stressful  can't sleep properly not that I slept good at night anyway just looking for that brown envelope every morning is just really making me more sick more than anything else hope some good news comes behind all of our problems. .
  • susielockett
    I know the feeling on the not sleeping. Like you, I dont sleep well anyway but these last 3 weeks (thats how long I have known the date) have been horrendous. Looks like none tonight for sure. I know I have done all I can do and at the end of the day its going to be 3 people that will ask a few questions and say yes or no but its the thought of sitting there. I am lucky my sister and brother in law will be with me. Hope yours comes through soon.
  • Mandy58
    Yes just the thought of sitting there doesn't know what the question that they will be asking and you don't know if you are answering the correct answer. But you will be fine go win your case girl..
  • susielockett
    I am tough if nothing else hahaha I got in touch with my M.P. when I saw what the assessor had said and she is following the case so it should be interesting. I also complained to ATOS but their answer was well we were not in the room when the assessment took place. waste of space if you ask me. Mind it was lovely when I got a postcard from the House of Commons!
  • Mandy58
    Great girl you done all you can so go win win your case 
  • poppy123456
    Hi Mandy58,

I live in Warrington and have to go to St. Helens for my assessment.
    Hi,

A Tribunal is not an assessment. It's a room with 3 people, a judge, a doctor and a disability adviser. They will ask you questions about how your condition was at the time the original decision was made. You can take someone with you but you'll have to answer all the questions yourself. Sometimes they can't make a decision on the day, if this happens they will write to you within a couple of days with the decision. Good luck.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck, they tend to be more efficient and fairer than atos.
  • Mandy58
    Ok great to know 
  • Mumof2ds
    Mumof2ds Member Posts: 147 Pioneering
    @susielockett

Wishing you luck for tomorrow, sounds like you have everything covered. XX 
    Politeness costs nothing, but goes a long way in life. 
     Always look out for each other. Be kind. 
     Hugs and smiles mean the world. XX 
  • susielockett
    Thanks everyone for the good wishes. As much as we all understand what we are facing it is still a nerve wracking experience. All I can do has been done :)
  • Mandy58
    Yeah yeah great great news glad for you my dear. ...still waiting on my decision to come another day pass by again full 9 weeks 
  • susielockett
    Thanks Mandy58 I hope you hear sooner rather than later.
  • Mandy58
    Thanks susie really hope so too 
  • Mumof2ds
    Mumof2ds Member Posts: 147 Pioneering
    @susielockett that's great news. What a relief. Now breathe and relax a bit. Be kind to yourself and mentally rest. XX 
    Politeness costs nothing, but goes a long way in life. 
     Always look out for each other. Be kind. 
     Hugs and smiles mean the world. XX 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.