Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

ESA question

SystemSystem Posts: 543

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: Would I be considered for backpay?.

Replies

• john28863john28863 Member Posts: 28 Connected
    Hi looking for some help my son was on ib but was moved onto esa cb in 2011 he was 26 then only other income was dla stayed with parents has never worked would he have qualified for cb esa then got form esa3 last week any thoughts folks thanks
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

As he transferred from IB to ESA then he would already be on Contributions based ESA, it will be the Income Related top up that he would be assessed for. If he doesn't already claim this then it sounds like he maybe eligible if he doesn't live with a partner that works. DLA is not classed as income and isn't means tested. The form will need to be filled in and returned along with all the evidence they ask for. It can take 12 weeks or more to hear back from DWP with a decision. Any money owed is being backdated to November 2011.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • john28863john28863 Member Posts: 28 Connected
    Thanks poppy that sounds like good news they havent asked for any evidence sent form back last week they called fri to ask if he ever been in care home never always at home said ok its going to decision maker now 
Sign in or join us to comment.