Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

ESA stopped, what should I do?

SystemSystem Posts: 547

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: Failed ESA, PIP cut.

Replies

• london75london75 Member Posts: 14 Listener
    hi,my esa has been stopped due to lies from the medical woman,what's the best thing to do now MANDTORY RECONSIDERATION,tribunal,i've only 5 months and my pip award is up for renewal,will my pip be stopped,i could  just about survive on the money ive' got now,to live on 73 pound a week ,will finish me, i cant work,also i think i will have to sign on jsa,because of debts and bills,this one lying women has ruined me,also what happens with pip renewal,and can a decision maker overrule the medical assesssor with further evidence,she has'nt given me enough points i saw the copy report of medical,please get back someone,feeling terrible
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @london75, I'm so sorry to hear this. I can see how frustrated you are.

The best thing to do would be to have a look at this guidance on appealing DWP decisions, and when you feel able to, request a mandatory reconsideration of your ESA. You may find this online tool helpful in writing the letter.

It can seem overwhelming, but take it one step at a time and we'll all do our best to support you. Hopefully some of our other members will be able to advise too, so please do keep us updated on your progress. 
Sign in or join us to comment.