ESA stopped, what should I do? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

ESA stopped, what should I do?

System Posts: 753 Scope online community team
This discussion was created from comments split from: Failed ESA, PIP cut.


  • london75
    london75 Member Posts: 14 Listener
    hi,my esa has been stopped due to lies from the medical woman,what's the best thing to do now MANDTORY RECONSIDERATION,tribunal,i've only 5 months and my pip award is up for renewal,will my pip be stopped,i could  just about survive on the money ive' got now,to live on 73 pound a week ,will finish me, i cant work,also i think i will have to sign on jsa,because of debts and bills,this one lying women has ruined me,also what happens with pip renewal,and can a decision maker overrule the medical assesssor with further evidence,she has'nt given me enough points i saw the copy report of medical,please get back someone,feeling terrible
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @london75, I'm so sorry to hear this. I can see how frustrated you are.

    The best thing to do would be to have a look at this guidance on appealing DWP decisions, and when you feel able to, request a mandatory reconsideration of your ESA. You may find this online tool helpful in writing the letter.

    It can seem overwhelming, but take it one step at a time and we'll all do our best to support you. Hopefully some of our other members will be able to advise too, so please do keep us updated on your progress. 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.