PIP claim's been going on for 6 months — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

PIP claim's been going on for 6 months

System
System Posts: 753 Scope online community team

Comments

• LindaReynolds
    LindaReynolds Member Posts: 2 Listener
    The review of my PIP, one year before it was due to run out, began in May. I had the face to face about 6 weeks ago. 15 days ago I received the text to say they had the report. Today I received the ‘We now have the information...’  So come November, this will be going into its 6th month. I have recently turned 70 and have bi-polar disorder. Someone please tell me this isn’t intended to push people with mental health diagnoses over the edge. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 31,154 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

There's no timescales to decisions, it depends on backlog in your area. Ringing DWP for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. Hopefully it won't be too long and that brown envelope will drop through your door. Good luck.
  • feir
    feir Member Posts: 395 Pioneering
    Same. Mine started in beginning of May, i got turned down on the 4th of October (10 points only, need 12). I've just phoned them now to ask for a mandatory reconsideration and they said i had one and the decision for that was sent out of the 5th of October. Straight to tribunal for me.

They're just rubbish with claims and not fit for purpose.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Connected
    The review of my PIP, one year before it was due to run out, began in May. I had the face to face about 6 weeks ago. 15 days ago I received the text to say they had the report. Today I received the ‘We now have the information...’  So come November, this will be going into its 6th month. I have recently turned 70 and have bi-polar disorder. Someone please tell me this isn’t intended to push people with mental health diagnoses over the edge. 
    So you are a little younger than me. I was 70 last April and for that birthday I received a letter from the DWP telling me that my MR (0 points from enhanced care & mobility) has been carried out and that there was no change. That was the third face to face since 2013.

How long was your last award for? I was continually getting 3 years but to review after 2. Not funny really when you think about it that you have to go through this every few years until you die.

• debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.