PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

PIP claim's been going on for 6 months

SystemSystem Posts: 547

Scope community team

Replies

• LindaReynoldsLindaReynolds Member Posts: 2 Listener
    The review of my PIP, one year before it was due to run out, began in May. I had the face to face about 6 weeks ago. 15 days ago I received the text to say they had the report. Today I received the ‘We now have the information...’  So come November, this will be going into its 6th month. I have recently turned 70 and have bi-polar disorder. Someone please tell me this isn’t intended to push people with mental health diagnoses over the edge. 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

There's no timescales to decisions, it depends on backlog in your area. Ringing DWP for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. Hopefully it won't be too long and that brown envelope will drop through your door. Good luck.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • feirfeir Member Posts: 396 Pioneering
    Same. Mine started in beginning of May, i got turned down on the 4th of October (10 points only, need 12). I've just phoned them now to ask for a mandatory reconsideration and they said i had one and the decision for that was sent out of the 5th of October. Straight to tribunal for me.

They're just rubbish with claims and not fit for purpose.
  • YadnadYadnad Posts: 2,856 Member
    The review of my PIP, one year before it was due to run out, began in May. I had the face to face about 6 weeks ago. 15 days ago I received the text to say they had the report. Today I received the ‘We now have the information...’  So come November, this will be going into its 6th month. I have recently turned 70 and have bi-polar disorder. Someone please tell me this isn’t intended to push people with mental health diagnoses over the edge. 
    So you are a little younger than me. I was 70 last April and for that birthday I received a letter from the DWP telling me that my MR (0 points from enhanced care & mobility) has been carried out and that there was no change. That was the third face to face since 2013.

How long was your last award for? I was continually getting 3 years but to review after 2. Not funny really when you think about it that you have to go through this every few years until you die.

• debbiedo49debbiedo49 Member Posts: 2,906 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck
    💜🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
    I am a fibro warrior !💜♏️
Sign in or join us to comment.