Hi, my name is Robbo1965! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Robbo1965!

Robbo1965
Robbo1965 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi I am new to this forum, I have got DLA high rate indefinitely,I have not been asked to reapply for pip yet, not sure when I will get it any ideas, I suffer from RA and I also have osteoarthritis of my kness spine hips and have already have had one knee replacement done what do people think of me getting high rate pip

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Robbo1965 welcome to the communityI!

In the meantime, while you're still waiting, you can try out this PIP self test which gives you all the questions that are included in the PIP form, along with answers that best describe your ability to do these tasks.

Do let us know if we can be of any further assistance! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Gordonmrln
    Gordonmrln Community member Posts: 35 Courageous
    Hi Robbo1965, welcome my friend I to am an OA sufferer and have also CRPS, (Complex Regional Pain Syndrome) and I have suffered from constant Chronic pain now for over a decade, I to am also on High rate Mobility Indefinitely, I also get Care Component, But I have not been assessed for PiP either, and  the stories you hear about the assessment process is enough to scare anyone. I've decided not to think about it until it happens, but because I also suffer from Dyslexia I get all my forms filled out by the CAB, who know exactly how the system works and they will do everything within there power to assist you in the best possible way. This is the only piece of advice I can really give you, only don't have nightmares about the PIP process, It's simply not worth it, also although I have no political following apparently if Labour gets in they are going to Scrap the PIP benefit and put it back to its original format DLA. Good luck with things and once again welcome my Friend.

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Robbo1965, and a warm welcome to the community!
  • Robbo1965
    Robbo1965 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi thank you for welcoming me to the community, I am so glad I found this community, it will be really good to talk to people about my various illnesses, and talk and advise other people 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.