Help with accident where I stand legally — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help with accident where I stand legally

colindunne
colindunne Community member Posts: 20 Connected
Hi I have posted a few times now and I’m looking for help with my injury claim as I am going to lose it.Let me first say this was a genuine accident. I have video footage of the slip. I would like to know if anyone has any knowledge of organisations that analys and determine what the outcome could of been. I have been looking for months maybe for something that doesn’t exist I’m not sure. Thanks and hope your day is one of the better ones ??tried to put in different categorie but wouldn’t let me.

Comments

• topshoes
    topshoes Community member Posts: 442 Pioneering
    edited November 2018
    Hi @colindunne think it would be a idea maybe to phone around solicitors need someone who specifies into accident claims , they should know what is what , 
  • colindunne
     I have a very poor solicitor that knows that I’m looking but also has messed this up for me I nearly took a 10 grand loan on his advice and then it turns out the doctor who examined me didn’t have all the medical evidence. I had an extremely favourable report and would of been looking at over 250 grand(I have the letter stating that from barrister)and I told him I only want the lowest estimate so could be more.The trouble is no one will touch it now because of timescale(it’s 3 years now)I have tried to change but to late. I have the horrible feeling he has deliberately done this they really are awful solicitors and I am stuck with them.And now the amended report couldn’t get any worse he has done a complete u turn to the point of saying I through my leg out hence why I need the footage analysed. I have photos of the wet floor and like I say video footage (it took me over 2 years to get the footage)It is actually not physically possible that I threw my leg out because of the way I fell I would like to see someone try it and I ended up losing 3 teeth a year after due to the loosening but I have had a lot of problems over the years with my teeth  so excepted it.My solicitor keeps saying it doesn’t matter about footage but it is ok for insurance companies to use it against you if they need to.My problem is that I didn’t feel the need to go to the doctor until the pain started getting worse all I had was a sore back at first.Whilst I expected to be sore after it,I was but it got progressively worse until it finally popped out(L4 root nerve compression)sat right on my sciatic nerve for the next 18 months till op that failed ?.
  • topshoes
    edited November 2018
    i think you will find that you can get another solicitor to take on your care ,and you need a excellent one , is the one you got now  up in london or down where you live .
  • colindunne
    It’s where I am in southampton and if I had known how this was going to end injury wise being so devastating.I would of thought about it more but at the time my whole life was on hold because of caring for my mother. I put my issues on hold until I couldn’t walk without sticks then went to hospital about 9 weeks later.like I said initially it was only a nagging pain.Didnt know what pain was until then and it progressively got worse for the next few months until I got a medication that worked.
  • topshoes
    edited November 2018
    i am just looking to what i can find out for you , as you well know there is thousands of laws solicitors  can go through which i know also  
  • colindunne
    I will stipulate this is not a straightforward case by any means but I can honestly say everything I say is genuine. I believe that the only way I could get someone to look properly at what has gone on is to pay them. I have tried to get someone to just look at it and let me explain the circumstances but to no avail.The difference between winning and losing is massive but it is now about proving it as he has basically said that I done it even though you can clearly see water on the floor in the footage.And I head butted the door frame hence how my teeth were damaged I hit the metal frame sort of across the jawline and full body weight on my left knee. I believe it was that impact on my knee that traveled up to my back because that is where I had the pain after the accident.Like I said such a difficult injury to prove but it’s the truth and I now feel like he’s trying to make me out a liar and I am so very angry.How dare he!?
    Thanks for taking your time to try and help me it’s so nice to know. I can honestly say that I’ve never felt so lonely and low having to battle like this. I do have a great partner she has been amazing through all of this even though it has put us both under a terrible strain. Thanks 
    ps I am skint so paying for one is out of the question.The only hope that I got is a mate who won 4million on a scratch card but don’t wanna ask him.?❤️
  • topshoes
    edited November 2018
    yes you going down would put a inpact on your back  it would to anyone, right you need to down another route then ,not sure if you can get legal aid these days ,any one who gos down is a shock to any one , was there a sign saying wet service , thats fine you are more then welcome , 
  • exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering
    There are several companies who will look at your situation and negotiate on a "no win no fee" basis.  Here's one that I picked purely at random from the internet....
    https://www.theaccidentclaimline.com

Anyone involved in an accident that wasn't their fault has a legal right to claim compensation for the injury. Here at The Accident Claimline we can assess your accident and injury circumstances and guide you through the claiming process.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• topshoes
    edited November 2018
    @colindunne lrwin mitchell is one of the top solicitors any one can  get, they won a case i was in london , i also see they do a no win no fee to , do your research  mate , if you need any more help please let me know , and do what is right for you , and what you feel comforable with, if you want to go down a lower field i can find the solicitors who done another case i was in and won it to see if they do claims i leve it all up to you at the end of the day it is you who got to do it all  x  
  • colindunne
    Thanks for advice and I have tried other solicitors with no luck.But I believe that I may have a long shot by going to the police as I believe that serious fowl play has occurred. I am not a nutter or paranoid but it all happened at the same time as my mothers case and he knew I was going to the GMC. I said about the doctor who examined me saying that he had never seen records that had obviously been edited. I have apparently had 4 weeks of back pain in 2010,me and my partner do not ever remember any such problems.There is a chance that we have completely forgotten so I need make sure first,but it seriously does stink. I can remember saying to my **** solicitor on numerous occasions I smell a rat but can’t quite put my finger on it. Thanks again for your help and concerns I will let you know as I am going to start playing  kojak this week.?
  • topshoes
    edited November 2018
    @colindunne yes i was going to say that sound ,like fowl play went on but did not know how you would take it , , this is going to be  another long road your going down mate , can i suggest that you make copies of all your paper work ,and cctv  and any thing as the police will want it  all , you have to write a statment  and sign it , im not sure but think there is a recording in there with cct camera to,  yes went to the police first and i have got to say they work hard and made arrest , and see i had a case remember this is a different case    
  • deltablue52
    deltablue52 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Hi colindunne.
    Did your accident happen at work or a public place?.
    I say this because if it did. you should inform the DWP, as an accident at work-or a public place.
    This is a very little known fact.(A very grey area)

• deltablue52
    deltablue52 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    I am an ex union safety representative, we used Thompson solicitors.
    Who seem to be everywhere and are excellent.
  • samahira
    samahira Community member Posts: 39 Courageous
    Hi
    I slipped on a supermarket wet floor. They had a ceiling leak but there was no wet  floor sign. I landed on my bottom and hurt my right hand as well. It’s now three weeks the pain is intense. Can any one advise what to do. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.