Filmmaker looking for stories and experiences of dating as a disabled person — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Filmmaker looking for stories and experiences of dating as a disabled person

Options
Anjanae
Anjanae Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2018 in Research and opportunities

Hi all. I’m a student filmmaker and I’m currently doing preliminary research for a documentary focused on the subject of dating as a disabled person. I think the lives and experiences of people with disabilities, beyond just the scope of the disability in a medical context, are extremely underrepresented in popular media. I myself have Aspergers and this certainly has a strong effect on my dating life.

I’d love to hear any stories or anecdotes about your dating experiences that you’d like to share either in the comments or through a private message if you don’t want to share with the whole forum.

I’m also interested in conducting preliminary audio interviews on the subject, please contact me if you’d be interested in giving an interview.

Finally, as part of my pitch for the documentary I’d like to produce a short (1-2 minute) animatic (sketched storyboard video) based on one of these stories. If you would consent for your story to potentially be used as a basis for this video please mention in your comment.

Or you can contact me for an audio interview that I can use to base the video on (matching the storyboard to the audio of your story) or even record the story yourself and send it to me (you can private message me for my email address).

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.