Industrial injury, PIP and chronic pain — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Industrial injury, PIP and chronic pain

System
System Posts: 754 Scope online community team
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
This discussion was created from comments split from: Hi, my name is chelseachris!.

Comments

• chelseachris
    chelseachris Member Posts: 16 Listener
    Many thanks for that.I have been on PIP since I was made IHR from my job as a Postman.I had an injury called a Maisonneuve injury.I slipped and put all my weight onto my right leg causing a ripping and tearing of ligaments and the syndesmosis coming out as a break up the fibula.Ankle off the joint and it required surgery and screws.I lost my job on grounds of capability,I used to walk 12/14 miles a day now not able to do that in metres in s day due to arthritis in the joint.I also had cervical spondylosis diagnosed a few years ago but was able to keep that under control with painkillers and doing exercises.But now that is starting to give me more and more bother due to the inactivity and hobbling around with a stick.I got Industrial injury benefit for life at 40% loss of faculty.This was only approved last year and I haven't mentioned this to PIP yet,I don't know if this will help my case or not.I get standard rate for both but was more concerned about how quick they reassess you.I am a 56 year old man and always been active up until this accident but boy it gets me down at times not being  able to do the simple things I took for granted.But hay there are a lot worse than me around.. Again many thanks for that link
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Connected
    Many thanks for that.I have been on PIP since I was made IHR from my job as a Postman.I had an injury called a Maisonneuve injury.I slipped and put all my weight onto my right leg causing a ripping and tearing of ligaments and the syndesmosis coming out as a break up the fibula.Ankle off the joint and it required surgery and screws.I lost my job on grounds of capability,I used to walk 12/14 miles a day now not able to do that in metres in s day due to arthritis in the joint.I also had cervical spondylosis diagnosed a few years ago but was able to keep that under control with painkillers and doing exercises.But now that is starting to give me more and more bother due to the inactivity and hobbling around with a stick.I got Industrial injury benefit for life at 40% loss of faculty.This was only approved last year and I haven't mentioned this to PIP yet,I don't know if this will help my case or not.I get standard rate for both but was more concerned about how quick they reassess you.I am a 56 year old man and always been active up until this accident but boy it gets me down at times not being  able to do the simple things I took for granted.But hay there are a lot worse than me around.. Again many thanks for that link
    I can only tell you how the DWP treated my situation as regards PIP.
    Like you I too have a 'for life' IIDB award for PTSD & brain injury (mental health issues). The DWP completely ignored the IIDB award and the doctors report amongst other evidence from the Memory Clinic and came up with 14 reasons why I do not have any mental health issues that impact on my life. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.