Disabled people
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Anybody else with RA?

SystemSystem Posts: 519

Scope community team

edited November 2018 in Disabled people
This discussion was created from comments split from: Hi, my name is Robbo1965!.

Replies

• Robbo1965Robbo1965 Member Posts: 5 Listener
    Any advice from anyone who from sufferers of RA 
    my fingers and elbows are suffering really bad, I can’t pick a cup of tea up and the pain at nights are so bad it’s wakes me up
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Robbo1965,

I'm so sorry to hear about your pain. This time of year always seems to be a tough one for those with similar conditions. I'm tagging in @ChrisKz, @Marley123 and @marie66 in case they have any tips they can share. 

Have you spoken to your GP about your concerns?
  • Gwendoline1Gwendoline1 Member Posts: 226 Pioneering
    Hiya Robbo1965, I’m the same, the last few days have been awful, I don’t know whether it’s because of the rain as well as the cold.
    Im sorry I’ve no suggestion. Just wanted you to know your not on your own.😀😀😀
  • WYnnWYnn Member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi Robbie1985, I have had R/A for over 20 years, If you have not already seen your GP. Make an appointment, explain your symptoms, and ask for help.. If you have, and you are on Meds, it maybe that they need changing, or extra added to make you more comfortable, Hope this helps,.
  • crackercracker Member Posts: 324 Pioneering
    I have that. I am losing function in my hands because of it. Lots of bony growth and stiffness in hands and shoulders,, wrists. I do take medication, which doesn't seem to help.

Warmth helps ease the pain.
  • Gwendoline1Gwendoline1 Member Posts: 226 Pioneering
    Hiya cracker,
    I also find the warmth helps a little too.
    I have the worse amount of bony growth in my feet, it’s not very nice is it.
    I take a variety of medication, nothing really helps with the pain to give a acceptable quality of life.
    Never mind, keep going I suppose haha.
    Take care and wrap up warm. 😀😀😀

• Robbo1965Robbo1965 Member Posts: 5 Listener
    Thank you all for advise, spoken to my RA nurse and I am thinking about steroid injection, she thinks this will help, has anybody had steroid injections for there RA
  • settesette Member Posts: 1 Listener
    I just wanna share my experience in medical marijuana and it helps me deal with my health conditions. I've been suffering from chronic pain for how many years, but then when I learned that medical marijuana can help and cure sickness such mine like this article about a marijuana strain kylekushman.com/first-place-seattle-us-cup/. Cbd and thc are also new to me and I don’t even smoke. 
    If this is true I can't find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy.
Sign in or join us to comment.