Pip tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip tribunal

Options
Rickyboy123
Rickyboy123 Community member Posts: 20 Listener
I went to first tier tribunal and only give me 7 points in daily daily 0 in mobility but before I went there capita awarded me 2 in daily living and 4 in mobility they took my points away why I find it unfair capita awarded 4 points on mobility and 2 on daily living now I got 7 daily living 0 mobility I'm happy with the 7 but the 4 that got took away and 2 should of stayed the same if capita granted me 4 and 2 they ovousaly had evidence so the court was wrong there higher than capita they shouldn't of took the points away as I do struggle with mobility are my right what I'm saying plus capita are in the wrong cause my health professional wrote to them saying if you need more evidence he will write more but capita never emailed or asked so are my in right or are they don't really understand this anyone can help 

Comments

• yanni
    yanni Community member Posts: 91 Pioneering
    Options

Hi. If your tribunal was within the last 30days you can ask for a statement of reasons from the tribunal service which should explain why the tribunal removed the points that Capita had awarded. I asked for a statement of reasons as I didn’t understand why I hadn’t been awarded points for an activity when the tribunal seems to agree with what I was saying during the hearing. When I got the statement of reasons that particular activity wasn’t mentioned at all !  I don’t know how often this happens but it may be worth checking that the tribunal didn’t just ‘forget’ about the points you already had when they made their decision.

• Rickyboy123
    Options
    So your saying they might of misplaced the points yea 
  • Rickyboy123
    Options
    What you mean forget sorry
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,994 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Your questions were already answered regarding this. You need to request the statement of reasons and record of proceedings from HMCTS. Without this and finding an error in law you can't proceed any further with this claim. It doesn't matter how many times you ask the question the answer will remain the same.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Rickyboy123
    Options
  • yanni
    yanni Community member Posts: 91 Pioneering
    Options

Hi

In my case an activity was discussed at the tribunal but I wasn’t awarded any points. The statement of reasons I received doesn’t mention this activity at all. It seems that the tribunal forgot to discuss this activity when making their decision and so I wasn’t awarded any points.

So maybe your tribunal looked at your 2 points and agreed you should have them but when making their decision forgot about those 2 points and awarded you 0 for the activity in error.

As I said I don’t know how often what happened to me occurs but the tribunal is only human and do make errors.

As Poppy says you need to get a statement of reasons. This should tell you why the tribunal took away the 2 points that Capita / DWP had awarded you.

If the statement doesn’t explain this then there may have been an error of law and you may be able to ask the Upper Tribunal to look at your case again.

Once you have the statement of reasons you can come back here and hopefully someone can advise you further.

• Rickyboy123
    Options
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,994 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you ask for the statement of reasons, when you receive it you'll need expert advice. An internet forum isn't the place to ask for that because no one knows your case or how your conditions affect you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.