Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Awarded esa backpay when will it be in bank

Just received a letter saying I will get backpay from esa as I hadn't been getting right amount, the government thing that's being done, they said they issued the payment on the 12the but it's not in bank yet, does anybody know how long it takes to show in the bank account 

Replies

• Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2018
    Hi @angnryan, that's positive news! In other cases such as tribunals it can take the DWP around 5-8 weeks to put an amount into payment, however I'm not sure if this would automatically apply to these ESA back payments. Perhaps some of our other community members will be able to help!
  • angnryanangnryan Member Posts: 47 Connected
    It did take a while, I got the letter today, it said they issued payment on the 12th but it's still not in bank as of today the 14th just wondered if it should be in by now or if it takes a few days to show in bank account 
  • Eadiesmummy1Eadiesmummy1 Member Posts: 90 Courageous
    Hi hun it can take up to 5 working days, so around the 16th. weekends dont count, my dads was issued on the 5th and he recieved it on the 9th. hope this helps. keep checking though as it may be sooner xx 
    Thanks for your help, was worried when it wasn't in ,didn't realise it took so long to go in xx 
  • Eadiesmummy1Eadiesmummy1 Member Posts: 90 Courageous
    no problem hun, if it isnt in by then definitely give them a call xxx 
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,294 Disability Gamechanger
    We just got to be patient, my local council suspended my housing benefits while I applied for Carer’s allowance. Change of income, any way sent in award letter by email rang on Wednesday our was sixth application in the persons in tray, they pay benefits every Monday and Wednesday so checked Tuesday and phone to aske what the delay was and was informed that our Apia’s being looked at today Tuesday and payment would be Wednesday. Fast workers. We shall see. The wheels of power move slowly, very slowly.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    DWP pay by bacs payment and this usually takes 3-4 working days depending on your bank.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
    Hi everyone,  just an update to say it was in my account this morning,  thanks to everyone for their help 
Sign in or join us to comment.