Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Adaptive Clothing for Mentally Disabled Fashion Consumers
I am an MA Design for Social Impact student at Paris College of Art. As part of my thesis, I am undertaking primary research to gain insights for my question: How mainstream clothing could cater for disabled consumers.
As you are part of the Scope community, I would like to invite you to be part of this research by completing an online survey. I am particularly looking for females aged 25 to 45 with mental disabilities including Autism; Down Syndrome; Asperger's Syndrome etc. to undertake this survey. Having been diagnosed with a mental disability, you are likely to provide insightful answers for the research as you would have first-hand experience of what your condition entails when concerning clothing. Your answers would help inform the thesis and later inform designs for potential adaptive clothing that will be manufactured into prototypes.
If you would like to participate, please find below the link to the survey:
If you would like to participate but cannot physically do so yourself, you can get someone else to do this survey on your behalf.
- 55.2K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 835 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 301 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 268 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.2K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 703 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 769 Autism and neurodiversity
- 951 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments