Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Ableism in Public Transport
If you would feel comfortable sharing a couple of experiences you have had on public transport with me that would be much appreciated!
This is a largely theoretical project, so it's perfectly fine if you would rather not!We are trying to see if we can create an app or product or service that can add a more dignified and inclusive feature to the current public infrastructure, looking specifically at how better to facilitate confidence and safety for individuals travelling alone. ( For reference, apps such as Wayfindr, Assist-Mi, etc. )
You could also fill out a 3 minute survey: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/3339R9R and share it with people who you think wouldn't mind adding to my research!
Also feel free to leave comments if there is any way I could improve my method/ if my questions are too presumptuous. Cheers!
- 54.1K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 156 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 797 Work and employment
- 589 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 292 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 707 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 938 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.