Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

What are the rules for 'permitted work' under UC?

SystemSystem Posts: 520

Scope community team

edited November 2018 in Universal Credit
This discussion was created from comments split from: Universal Credit Information.


  • MagnoliabloomMagnoliabloom Member Posts: 30 Connected
    Hello- Question for benefits advisor. Disabled relative in receipt of ESA contribution based and is in Support group, moving now to UC. What are rules regarding "permitted work"  under UC please ?    Relative hopes that in future she may be able undertake some "limited work", is this permitted under UC and presume if so that there is an earnings limit before benefit is reduced ?
    Thank you.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger

    Under UC rules it's called a work allowance. It means you can earn a certain amount of money each month before your UC is affected.
    Details here.

    When transferring to UC DWP should honour the group you were in when claiming ESA but this doesn't always happen so be aware of that.

    May i ask what the reason is for transferring to UC? It really is an awful benefit to be claiming and should be avoided if possible.

    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.