Turned down for a blue badge — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Turned down for a blue badge

System
System Posts: 754 Scope online community team
This discussion was created from comments split from: Hi, my name is allan!.

Comments

• allan
    allan Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thanks for your replies we tried to get a blue badge but got turned down by Surrey county council as he got 0 points for mobility but he got maximum points for having someone accompanying him as he can't walk on his own cross roads or get on a bus unaided 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear that, @allan. Did you have a separate blue badge assessment with your local council? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 31,186 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If you live in England then scoring points in following and planning a journey for PIP doesn't automatically qualify you for a blue badge. If you don't automatically qualify then they usually send you for an assessment.
  • allan
    allan Member Posts: 3 Listener
    They didn't send my son  for an assessment
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Connected
    I think that we are at cross purposes here.
    The poster did apply to the council but the council turned him down. Presumably he has no physical problems in walking. His problems appear to relate to mental issues.
    Is the new legislation in force for these types of BB applications?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.