Severe disablement backpayment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Severe disablement backpayment

System
System Posts: 760 Scope online community team
edited December 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
This discussion was created from comments split from: Representative for PIP tribunal?.

Comments

• donald
    donald Member Posts: 15 Listener
    i live alone and been phoned by the severe disablement ,to say that someone is living at this address, will this affect my severe disabelement back payment ,  a friend stays two days a week,  can anybody help ,   thank you,
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 31,369 Disability Gamechanger
    That will totally depend on what the decision maker decides.
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    If iv got this right. Someone has phoned the dwp and made up a story that another person is living with you. 

I would ask dwp the name of that person. And what relationship they are supposed  to be to you. 

The dwp were "running" after a man with his dog the other week. The poor man though they were going to steel his dog so ran faster.
    The dwp then stopped his money saying he didnt need it cos hed walked fast to get away from them.

Seems the dwp can get away with anything
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Connected
    Misscleo said:
    If iv got this right. Someone has phoned the dwp and made up a story that another person is living with you. 

I would ask dwp the name of that person. And what relationship they are supposed  to be to you. 

The dwp were "running" after a man with his dog the other week. The poor man though they were going to steel his dog so ran faster.
    The dwp then stopped his money saying he didnt need it cos hed walked fast to get away from them.

Seems the dwp can get away with anything
    Are you being serious?

Why would the DWP give out that information? Knowing who it was could lead to all manner of situations including physical ones that would require the police to become involved.

As for the man running with his dog from the DWP, this can be answered as can he walk or could he walk. The could bit would depend on what he is running from and why.. The can bit is the distance walked given the reliability restrictions.
    Someone saying he can't walk beyond 20 metres yet if there was a fire and the exit was 50 metres away I am pretty sure that they would manage that 50 metres.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.