PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Severe disablement backpayment

SystemSystem Posts: 545

Scope community team

edited December 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
This discussion was created from comments split from: Representative for PIP tribunal?.

Replies

• donalddonald Member Posts: 15 Listener
    i live alone and been phoned by the severe disablement ,to say that someone is living at this address, will this affect my severe disabelement back payment ,  a friend stays two days a week,  can anybody help ,   thank you,
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    That will totally depend on what the decision maker decides.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • MisscleoMisscleo Member Posts: 646 Pioneering
    If iv got this right. Someone has phoned the dwp and made up a story that another person is living with you. 

I would ask dwp the name of that person. And what relationship they are supposed  to be to you. 

The dwp were "running" after a man with his dog the other week. The poor man though they were going to steel his dog so ran faster.
    The dwp then stopped his money saying he didnt need it cos hed walked fast to get away from them.

Seems the dwp can get away with anything
  • YadnadYadnad Posts: 2,856 Member
    Misscleo said:
    If iv got this right. Someone has phoned the dwp and made up a story that another person is living with you. 

I would ask dwp the name of that person. And what relationship they are supposed  to be to you. 

The dwp were "running" after a man with his dog the other week. The poor man though they were going to steel his dog so ran faster.
    The dwp then stopped his money saying he didnt need it cos hed walked fast to get away from them.

Seems the dwp can get away with anything
    Are you being serious?

Why would the DWP give out that information? Knowing who it was could lead to all manner of situations including physical ones that would require the police to become involved.

As for the man running with his dog from the DWP, this can be answered as can he walk or could he walk. The could bit would depend on what he is running from and why.. The can bit is the distance walked given the reliability restrictions.
    Someone saying he can't walk beyond 20 metres yet if there was a fire and the exit was 50 metres away I am pretty sure that they would manage that 50 metres.
Sign in or join us to comment.