PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Finding forms difficult

SystemSystem Posts: 489 Scope community team
This discussion was created from comments split from: Looking for tips for your PIP appeal? New tips page published.

Replies

• Ellieamy1955Ellieamy1955 Member Posts: 2 Connected
    I have asked for a form to claim for Pip l have fibromyalgia will it be worth filling it in I have another condition s heamchromatus hertus hernia a mild epilepsy
  • Ellieamy1955Ellieamy1955 Member Posts: 2 Connected
    I will need lots of help as l find it difficult to make sense of things.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,379 Disability Gamechanger
    Can we move these posts to their own thread please? @Pippa_Scope @Sam_Scope
  • MatildaMatilda Member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Disabilty Rights and CAB websites have guides to completing PIP forms.  Try to get f2f help from CAB or similar, or Welfare Rights.

Your disabilities have to fit relevant descriptors.  PIP is about how your conditions affect your daily living and mobility not the conditions themselves.  Almost certainly you'll get some points for the daily living aids you use especially if you have difficulty completing tasks even using aids.

Pay attention to the walking distance rules. These are supposed to apply to walking outdoors using pavements and kerbs, and are how far you can walk before you have to stop and rest.  CAB recommend you don't tick the 'variable' box but tick a specific distance box.
  • YadnadYadnad Member - under moderation Posts: 2,862 Disability Gamechanger
    Matilda said:
    CAB recommend you don't tick the 'variable' box but tick a specific distance box.
    I wonder why they would say that?

The distance I can walk varies not only from day to day but even hour to hour all depending on my medication for both pain relief as well as for the Pulmonary Fibrosis and how I am generally with the amount of pain I can withstand..
    It varies from a couple of metres at best to 200 metres+

I was under the impression that you should put 'it varies' for two reasons.
    That it is the truth and most problems causing pain, discomfort and breathlessness generally are variable in nature.
  • TardisTardis Member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    I would answer the distance that you can walk reliably, repeatedly, safely and in a timely manner.  That is unlikely to vary so much.  In the box you can explain the variability.  
  • April2018momApril2018mom Member - under moderation Posts: 2,882 Member - under moderation
    There are lots of descriptors for various disabilities. Pick the ones that apply to you individually. Focus on the mobility rules and criteria. PIP is primarily concerned with how much the specific diagnosis affects your ability to do things independently.  
    Nothing else matters. When I was filling out the forms I provided them with a ton of information. Read the questions carefully. You should definitely be awarded points for having to rely on special equipment to get around independently. This website may also help you with filling out the paperwork- http://www.pip-assessment.support/#main-menu
  • YadnadYadnad Member - under moderation Posts: 2,862 Disability Gamechanger
    Tardis said:
    I would answer the distance that you can walk reliably, repeatedly, safely and in a timely manner.  That is unlikely to vary so much.  In the box you can explain the variability.  
    That I can fully understand. But why the CAB recommend that you should not tick the variable box makes no sense. Mind you the information supplied by the CAB on their website is at times suspect in any event.
Sign in or join us to comment.