Welcomes and introductions
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Hi, my name is bbe72!

bbe72bbe72 Member Posts: 9 Listener
Hi peeps. I am new to dealing with disability. It's a mine field so I will probably be asking lists of questions. Look forward to chatting to you all 

Replies

• Ami2301Ami2301 Community champion Posts: 7,129 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @bbe72 welcome to the community! Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself? :)
    Community Champion
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Antonia_ScopeAntonia_Scope Member Posts: 1,783 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @bbe72 :)

It's lovely to have you here with us. We are all here to support you, so feel free to ask any questions. You may find it useful to have a friendly chat with our members from our disabled people forum.
  • bbe72bbe72 Member Posts: 9 Listener
    Hi ladies. Thank you for the warm welcome. I am 46 & until recently worked full time. I am currently on sick leave from work. I have been diagnosed with arthritis in both knees & have various problems with my back that has left me with numbness in my left leg lost sensations in my bladder & bowels. I am in constant pain & mobility is very limited with a stick. They won t do surgery on my back as the last surgery did not work. I feel like I've just been left. I fight constantly with my GP to get anything done. I have gone from a very independent outgoing person to a no self confidence recluse. Xx
  • Ami2301Ami2301 Community champion Posts: 7,129 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear this @bbe72 have you seemed any emotional support?
    Community Champion
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
    @Ami2301 I have a great husband but feel awful he has to work 12 hr shifts & come home to this. I also have a few close friends who have been great but they don't understand. They can't get there head round how quickly I have gone downhill. X
  • thespicemanthespiceman Member Posts: 6,408 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @bbe72 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing. Sorry what you are going through.

I am one of the team of community champions. Who advise and help new members who join.

How can we as a community help and advise you?

If you having problems with your Doctors. Understand this as many of our community have been through the similar experiences.

Including my self. If your not getting the help and support you deserve and  need then either complain to the Practise Manager of the surgery.

Could do with also finding an advocate to speak on your behalf.  This is what I did. Having mental health issues found a charity to represent me and my medical history.

Had no problems since.

May I also suggest have a look on line for any support you consider you might need.

Could be support in your local area.

Have a website  https:// www.versus arthritis.org./about arthritis 

You are an valued member of our community . Please ask if we can help with anything.

Please take care.

@thespiceman  

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
    @thespiceman thank you so much for your kind words. I have joined against arthritis. As I am new to all this I am finding my feet. My sick pay at work will soon end so that is my first thing to start sorting. I have been with my present company 12 years so have no idea of rights & what to do or benefits x
  • Pippa_ScopePippa_Scope Member Posts: 5,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @bbe72, and a warm welcome to the community! Glad to see you've had a chat with our other members. Please do feel free to post any benefits queries in our PIP/DLA dicussions!
Sign in or join us to comment.