Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

WCA for universal credit

SystemSystem Posts: 519

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: Decision letter.


  • mumof22018mumof22018 Member Posts: 43 Connected
    Hi can u tell me for wca for universal credit does rule 29 and 35 apply to me i have been having blackouts fornearly a year among other things from feb to may passed out 3 times in work also fell asleep quite alot as i work in secondary school the noise and light triggered migraines and blackouts more eventually off work sick long term from may had to join uc am waiting on wca forms to be sent out am seeing rhumatologist and OH both in feb plus doc refering me to nuroligist after trial on this new meds which arent working so i have blacked out wit chip pan on and oven on to point now i cant cook on own for these reason also suspected fibro past 5 months lose feeling in legs and arms so im constantly falling eg stairs so my work isnt disabled froendly has 3 sets of stairs 3 levels high each am i right in thinking if i assesor fails me in the wca says im fit for work can i do MR and include these rules as i would be dangr to myself and others i wouldnt be able to make it to work safelty either eg blackout crossing road my work coach fantastic met her for 1st laat week she couldn't believe state of me im using walking stick and my crutches came today as my arms r so sore and using my prominent arm is making it worse wont go into nmanymore or id be here all night lol but anyone read p on the legislation would i be able to use this if found fit for work i dont think i will i just want to be prepared thx all 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    It could apply yes but you'll need evidence of the times you blackout and what happens. It can be difficult to prove blacking out because you don't know what happens why you blackout. It's also extremely difficult to give advice like this on an internet forum. So for this reason i'd get some face to face advice and help when you do receive the work capability assessment form.

    Your future appointment letters won't be taken and used as evidence, just like a PIP claim because they don't mean anything.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • mumof22018mumof22018 Member Posts: 43 Connected
    Ok jidt my medical records then and reoprts from oh amd rhumatoligist 
Sign in or join us to comment.