What benefits am I entitled to?
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

SDA/SDP?

SystemSystem Posts: 520

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: Severe Disability Premium.

Replies

• caterina1234567caterina1234567 Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hiya - just after some advice. 
    I get esa and also both dla components at the high rates as i have MS.  I also get carers allowance as my children all have aspergers adhd ocd etc , inc one who claims in their own right as they are in their 20’s.
    Now i also have another child  who was still classed as living at home as they were a student but during term times lived away ! 
    How would i stand with the SDA allowance? Would / should i have been paid it / entitled? 
    Also my eldest child who claims in their own right and gets Esa and PIP ( high care ,  low mob)  They have asd ocd anxiety depression etc and can’t go out on their  own - should they  have been entitled to SDA allowance and also do you think they would be in the group who they are reviewing as they could have qualified for the high rate PIP under the new rules ? 
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated! xx

• Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @caterina1234567, I'm afraid I'm unsure of the answer to this myself, but hopefully some of our knowledgeable community members will be able to advise!
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.