Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

ESA assessment

SystemSystem Posts: 519

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: Not sleeping.

Replies

• Shell1966Shell1966 Member Posts: 8 Listener
    hello and thank you  ....had an appoitment yesterday at the hospital 1st o e since my accident ...was approved for E S A 2 WEEKS ago had a slip at work last April was off  4 5 weeks went back too work did 3 weeks but couldn't cope went back to my doctor had mri in July came back as degenerative  disc disease (end plate odema)....the company I work 4 stopped paying me on 7th Dec ...at my appointment  yesterday  I actually felt like the person thought I was joking about my symptoms ....I feel so angry 
    I am a single parent at the age of 52 to a wonderful little girl of 8 I hate the fact that a lot off things I can't do with her because of the pain I'm in but she is not bothered she just says never mind  I love you ...so I now have to figure out how we can live on 73 pounds a week does anyone have any cheap healthy suggestion s 
    oh and thank you8 am I for your reply in December...pain was the answer a bit like now ...I know I should get back to the doctor for different medication but I find it hard to explain all the time 
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear about your situation @Shell1966, you've had a really tough time and I hope easier days are on their way.

Have you checked if there's anything else you could claim? Are you on PIP at the moment?
    Good evening puppy I had a meeting at work today I did take the union rep in with me ... didn't say I was taking him even tho they did ask for 24 hours notice .. the date on my letter said 6 jan not Feb  I mentioned this and said as good as I am time travel is not in ability .. we laughed. sorry I'm injured through an accident at work 1st it took over 3 months to get an mri when the results came back I was diagnosed with end plate edema   which apparently is degenerative ..the mri I had was only for bottom half of my back not a full one I have problems with my left shoulder which is highly pain full .. trying to get in 2c my doc I find is a joke the receptionist are like gistarpo .... had an appointment at the hospital on Monday that I have waited 6months 4 my doc said it would b with a consultant no it was with a physio who very nearly pushed me over ...my balance is really not good I can't use stick cos of the pain in them  I have been told I behave tried to run b4 I can walk and have to have more physiotherapy I have been granted esp until Dec this year I think work are going to fire me as I can no longer do my job as it is a very physical one all I want is to go back 2 work I have tried but when it comes to house work myself I have help never mind the shopping  my ex partner and son help but I'm a single parent I have to do things so I struggle on and pains get worse I'm finding it hard to find light in my tunnel 
    edited February 2019
    Could your employer offer you any support @Shell1966? Did you discuss potential reasonable adjustments that could maybe help you manage better at work, or have you made the decision to leave?

I'm so sorry to hear about your condition and your pain, that must be tough. It might also be worth looking into a needs assessment, to see if you're entitled to any extra help around the home too. 
    hi pipped..I'm a janitor we tried discussing it but there's no easy form for mopping cleaning or clearing up spillage s we use long dustpan and brushes but I would still have to use my arms  it hurts like he'll at home as I try to get on with tasks here even peeling spuds hurt for tea filling the kettle hurts I know it's long winded I fill it up with a cup sounds mad but I try I just want to go back to work ...I'm very proud of the fact I an our team worked together and got gold award for our standards .only option is I work with someone but it just means 2 people doing 1job
    Ahh I see, that sounds like a very physical job. That's such a shame @Shell1966, I'm sorry :( 

it's one of those things at my last interview the base of the letter said possibility of terminating my contract  ....they said I will here in 7 days .. I pretty sure I'm going to have to retrain for some think else I can stand for short periods and walk short distances before pain sets in while do I g one or the other I have to move or things either go numb or painful 
Sign in or join us to comment.