Turned down for mobility element — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Turned down for mobility element

System
System Posts: 751 Scope online community team
This discussion was created from comments split from: Dealing with Fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis.

Comments

• Claire42
    Claire42 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi I've just been turned down the mobility element for fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis I was awarded the daily living element in 2017 but my mobility is getting worse so I applied for the mobility how can they refuse me knowing that these conditions affect your whole life daily and mobile I've seen people on here say there awarded both with the same conditions as me so why have I been refused x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 31,122 Disability Gamechanger
    Claire42 said:
    Hi I've just been turned down the mobility element for fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis I was awarded the daily living element in 2017 but my mobility is getting worse so I applied for the mobility how can they refuse me knowing that these conditions affect your whole life daily and mobile I've seen people on here say there awarded both with the same conditions as me so why have I been refused x
    Everyone is different and you can't compare 2 people with the same condition. PIP is awarded based on how your conditions affect your ability to carry out the daily activities based on the PIP descriptors.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.