PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Pip helps 0points

jj230jj230 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA and AA
So pip letter come through assessor agrees that I can't cook, prepare food etc. Can't do certain things  but still awards 0 points for that descriptor? and 0 in total. Can I send in additional info for MR and will they give me a time frame I have to send that in by coz would have to get more evidence, can I request a full report and what happens if that comes bit later than I have asked for MR would I just have to go by the letter as to how I would argue there lies. Like said "can use public transport" even though I said I can't do that as it makes me too anxious etc. Also pip rejection will remove my esa disability premium I believe, if pip is reinstated would any enchanched disabilty premium associated with the pip on the esa side that would be lost waiting for mr appeal etc be backdated?

Replies

• Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing Team, Community Team Posts: 7,951 Scope community team
    Hi @jj230, welcome to the community. I'm so sorry to read about your experiences, but hopefully one of our members will be able to advise you.
    Wishing you all the best,
    Adrian
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

If you have a few minutes to spare, we'd appreciate your feedback on our online community.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the MR. You should put this in writing stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding 2-3 examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

For the premiums for ESA if you're in the Support Group then the Enhanced disability premium is automatically paid. If you were claiming the severe disability premium then if you're awarded the daily living part of PIP in the future and you still live alone or classed as living alone then it will be backdated.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • FetlockFetlock Member Posts: 79 Courageous
    If they agree you can't do some things, what was their justification for then awarding you no points for those activities?
Sign in or join us to comment.