PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

How long for PIP decision?

SystemSystem Posts: 519

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: How long for PIP decision?.

Replies

• emmasarahemmasarah Member Posts: 1 Listener
    I had my f2f in January and got the letter to say they had everything they needed over 2 weeks ago. I recieved a copy of my report (at my request) and worked out i got 8 points for care and 10 for mobility but have still had no decision yet can i ring them to get a decision over the phone?
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

There's no timescales to decisions, it depends on backlog in your area. Yes you can ring them to ask if a decision's been made, they'll tell you if it is has.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • FitznspatzFitznspatz Member Posts: 45 Courageous
    @emmasarah
    my wife’s experience was a 10 week wait between ‘we have everything we need ...’ to getting the outcome letter. A few phone calls over the intervening period just informed us that the matter was still under consideration. Right at the end, after a decision had been made and the letter generated but not posted, the person on the help desk read out the text. It was good news but after such a long wait we could not totally believe it until the postman delivered the brown envelope four days later.
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community, @emmasarah
Sign in or join us to comment.