How long for PIP decision? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

How long for PIP decision?

System
System Posts: 702

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: How long for PIP decision?.

Comments

• emmasarah
    emmasarah Member Posts: 1 Listener
    I had my f2f in January and got the letter to say they had everything they needed over 2 weeks ago. I recieved a copy of my report (at my request) and worked out i got 8 points for care and 10 for mobility but have still had no decision yet can i ring them to get a decision over the phone?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,459 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

There's no timescales to decisions, it depends on backlog in your area. Yes you can ring them to ask if a decision's been made, they'll tell you if it is has.
  • Fitznspatz
    Fitznspatz Member Posts: 45 Courageous
    @emmasarah
    my wife’s experience was a 10 week wait between ‘we have everything we need ...’ to getting the outcome letter. A few phone calls over the intervening period just informed us that the matter was still under consideration. Right at the end, after a decision had been made and the letter generated but not posted, the person on the help desk read out the text. It was good news but after such a long wait we could not totally believe it until the postman delivered the brown envelope four days later.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,798 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community, @emmasarah

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.