Complaining about Capita? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Complaining about Capita?

System Posts: 702

Scope community team

edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
This discussion was created from comments split from: Hi, my name is button1973!.


  • button1973
    button1973 Member Posts: 12 Listener
    Im in the process of going through tribunal for my Son who has adhd and autism being refused pip i asked for assessment report when going through madantory consideration and never had this sent to me by dwp. Now i have gone to tribunal dwp have rang saying they can now send this me and if i have a complaint about the assessor to complain to capita. I rang capita for an address to send this complaint and explained i had not been happy with report or though not tet seen assessors report but needed an address to get ready to do this. They told me i have to go through dwp and they will pass on any complaints as they dont deal with this directly. Im confused on whos to blame for this after ranting down the phone for 20 minutes the person tead a littlw of the report to me and this dosent match up with what dwp have put he said only parts are put in the report from dwp. Im thinking sonethings not quite right here did apolgise for getting frustrated with capita. I told them tatics are being used with them and of course this was denied.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,216 Disability Gamechanger

    PIP- Capita

    If you wish to make a formal complaint to Capita you should call 0808 1788 114 or make contact online here.

    Alternatively, you can write to:

    Capita PIP, PO Box 307, Darlington DL98 1AB

    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • button1973
    button1973 Member Posts: 12 Listener
    Thank you Cockney Rebel ?
  • cristobal
    cristobal Member Posts: 987 Disability Gamechanger
    @button1973 - I had the same problem.

    If you ring Capita, even if you explain that you have a complaint about one of their employees, they always tell you to contact DWP.

    In my case the lack of interest continued - one of my letters was 'lost', then I got a 6 page standard letter, explaining what their procedures were, and completely avoiding dealing with my complaint, and eventually their 'final' response stating that there was nothing wrong. On the positive side though they did reluctantly correct the errors in the assessor's report, and submit this to the DWP.

    I'd advise you to keep a copy of your letters, send them recorded, and keep a recording of any telephone calls that you make.

    Good luck!
  • button1973
    button1973 Member Posts: 12 Listener
    Thank you for the info cristobal ? what a joke they are 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.