Dropped kerb - do the council have a duty of care? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Dropped kerb - do the council have a duty of care?

System Posts: 600

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: Hi I'm Bryher, ask me questions about Getting Older.


  • ljk
    ljk Member Posts: 4 Listener
    @Bryher.  i am not sure if I have the right thread here but hopefully, if not, you may be able to guide me to the right place.  I am disabled and get higher rate mobility.  I am 66 and my husband is 68.  We have been offered a council bungalow which is great as it has all the adaptions I need but for one thing,  the parking is on the road with a fair distance to walk tothe front of the bungalow.  We dont have any savings just our pensions coming in.  Would we be entitled to get assistance to get the kerb dropped so we can park near to the bungalow.  We really want this bungalow and this is the only downside to it.  I have read somewhere that the council have a duty of care to help because of I am disabled but I really want to be certain.  Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.